No announcement yet.

Reverse Headstock USA Selects at ER's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the Dallas Guitar show this weekend and ER was there. He has some real nice guitars and real high prices. He didn't act like he wanted to deal at all. If the guitars were forged then it's a hell of a damn fine job. Plus, If he was forging guitars don't you think Jackson would pull his dealership?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
      Before this turns into an ER bashing, which is something both I and the Admins DO NOT want to see, let's look at this from a different perspective.

Jackson gets requests for reverse headstock guitars at non-CS pricing. In order to do it, we need to be able to justify stopping the regular production and making the necessary changes to run reverse headstocks. On the surface, this looks/seems simple, but trust me, it isn't.

A dealer has now stepped up to the plate and made a significant commitment, because he knows there is demand for it. Now, everyone who asked for this can get it. That's a good thing for Jackson and for the consumer - we gave the consumer what they asked for!

I realize the dealer who has these may not be the dealer you normally choose to work with. But ER heard your (and other Jackson fans) requests, and he decided to act on it. He listened to the consumers and gave them what they wanted - that counts for something!!

One of two things can happen now. Consumers can contact ER and get a reverse headstock Jackson guitar at a non-Custom Shop price, or you can go to another dealer and order a Custom Shop guitar.

Which ever way you want to go, that is totally your choice. But please do not start flaming me, ER, or anyone else in the process, just because you may not like the dealer who has them.
      Dude you asked the question and I just gave an answer in regards to why I haven't jumped on one. I have no beef with Fender or Jackson doing the run. He met the criteria you guys require so you obviously can't deny him the order. I'm just pointing out one of the reasons they aren't all gone already. Mr. Roman made his bed.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
        He states this is a custom shop guitar that he had to order?
        I bought a soloist from a place and they call it a soloist custom...when asked what was custom about it, they said, it's a soloist...

Comment

Soloist:

I completely respect your opinion...but as we have all agreed upon here in other threads, let's keep it civil and respectful.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it's a free market. Please feel free to go elsewhere and buy a Jackson with a reverse headstock.

Comment

That's why I answered the questioned posted in this thread earlier and confirmed that in this case, these are legit.
            good times. i'm glad that you posted that, actually. i think that the first thing that comes up with his inventory is the legitimacy of it.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Soloist:

I completely respect your opinion...but as we have all agreed upon here in other threads, let's keep it civil and respectful.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it's a free market. Please feel free to go elsewhere and buy a Jackson with a reverse headstock.
              I already have my rev head custom thanks to your fine authorized dealership in Matt's Music. I still fail to see how I'm not being civil. Those statements are completely true. That is what he told me when I spoke with him on the phone. Because he chooses to deal that way with customers why do I end up the bad guy for stating the facts regarding my dealings with him? Do all guitar prices go up around Christmas? Maybe Matt's music is the only place they don't and I got lucky? To me it sounded like bullshit and I wasn't naive enough to fall for his sales tactics. So I lucked out in those regards. Just because that's how he does his business, and I see it as being just a case of him being full of shit, I fail to see how I get labelled as not being civil. Although I am a diehard Red Sox fan. And we are well known as being an uncivilized bunch.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Read Loudone's post and then your post. Which one sounds more civil?

Regardless, you already voted with your $$, done deal.

Comment

I sure hope we aren't going to use loudone as the standard to what's civil and what isn't. Maybe I'm not civil. Wouldn't be the first time someone said that. The last time was when this Yankees fan said that us Sox fans are uncivilized. I couldn't understand why she said that. All I did was piss on her leg. lol At any rate at least we know your loyal to your dealers. Even the ones that are Ed Roman and Yankees fans.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!

Comment

I have to say that I personnaly had a price gouging experience with Ed as well. I called and spoke to them on one of the RR 25th LTD's, they wanted $9000.00 for it when the LIST was $6000.00. I don't think its fair to consumers that someone who does not perform due dilligence might just possibly get taken advantage of. From that perspective I think its fair for people here to let us all know who we are dealing with when possibly spending are hard earned money on Jackson Guitars, its only fair. Take a look at this thread and realize this guy just might not be your most honest and upstanding dealer.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53897

PS....call Ed's store and ask how much for one....I bet you fall out of your seat!!!
                    Last edited by quakana; 04-27-2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I have to say that I personnaly had a price gauging experience with Ed as well.
                      Well, price gauging doesn't sound too bad....maybe he wanted to "gauge" your reaction to premium pricing.... Hee hee hee hee hee hee
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That was just my personal spell checker chiming in again

Comment

Well, I'm glad he did it. I didn't want to be the smart ass on that one....LOL

Comment

PS....call Ed's store and ask how much for one....I bet you fall out of your seat!!!
                            The reverse headstock WR1 in Ferrari Red with Black Bevels is priced at $2200.00, which is discounted $733.00 off the retail price of a regular USA Select WR1 in the same finish.

Comment

I thought about this last night and I guess I'm confused about something....and not to sound like an ass, but.....

If so many of you wanted reverse headstock guitars without paying full CS prices, why aren't you beating down ER's door to get these??
                              Because Ed Roman is a *insert expletive here*, rude and shady character.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X