No announcement yet.

Reverse Headstock USA Selects at ER's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many does a shop need to order, minimum?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for answering that John. Now we know!

Scott
      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        How many does a shop need to order, minimum?
        That's between the dealer and FMIC.

Comment

With all the generated interest doesn't it seem like a great option to add to the line? Nudge...nudge. lol
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
            Ed ordered a special run of USA Select Guitars with a Custom Shop option. In essence, these are custom guitars and they are legit.
            John, I don´t want to sound like an ass as it really doesn´t matter to me, but why can ER get reverse heads on a USA Select batch with appropriate pricing while we´ve been trying for literally years and have been been shot down every time and told "CS Pricing", regardless of whether it was Matts, Vwall, or OSG as a dealer? I assume it can only be that there´s a higher Minimum order than 12 pcs for that scenario?

Or am I seriously misunderstanding something here?
            Last edited by Zerberus; 04-26-2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zerberus] I assume it can only be that there´s a higher Minimum order than 12 pcs for that scenario? [QUOTE]

I can't discuss all of the details between dealers and FMIC. Let's just say that your assumption is "SIGNIFICANTLY" correct.

Comment

Ed Roman is above the law!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  Ed Roman is above the law!
                  Given his height, that's the only thing he's above. :ROTF:
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                    I assume it can only be that there´s a higher Minimum order than 12 pcs for that scenario?
                    I can't discuss all of the details between dealers and FMIC. Let's just say that your assumption is "SIGNIFICANTLY" correct.
                    I understand fully that you can´t go into details. But you´ve already given me the Info I need for a cool idea, much thanks

Comment

I thought about this last night and I guess I'm confused about something....and not to sound like an ass, but.....

If so many of you wanted reverse headstock guitars without paying full CS prices, why aren't you beating down ER's door to get these??

Comment

I think you guys are looking into this too much... I have a great distaste for Ed Roman but those guitars are real... Big deal, they are guitars w/ reversed headstocks... The standard ones look better IMO anyway...

Comment

I thought about this last night and I guess I'm confused about something....and not to sound like an ass, but.....

If so many of you wanted reverse headstock guitars without paying full CS prices, why aren't you beating down ER's door to get these??
                          Because Ed Roman is full of shit and his pricing sucks compared to a lot of the other Jackson dealers that have a good reputation. I'll never forget my first run in with him. He gave me this long line of shit about how guitar prices have gone up because it's Christmas. "Little Johnny wants his guitar and Johnny's mom is willing to pay top dollar to keep him happy." Funny Matt at Matt's music didn't mention anything like that when I called him next. Needless to say I went with the awesome deal Matt quoted me and got a great EDS SL1 to boot.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

agreed. i think ed's reputation and horror stories of faked guitars keeps many a buyer away. i know that if i found something i really liked at his store i'd never be comfortable knowing that it is truly what it's advertised as.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Before this turns into an ER bashing, which is something both I and the Admins DO NOT want to see, let's look at this from a different perspective.

Jackson gets requests for reverse headstock guitars at non-CS pricing. In order to do it, we need to be able to justify stopping the regular production and making the necessary changes to run reverse headstocks. On the surface, this looks/seems simple, but trust me, it isn't.

A dealer has now stepped up to the plate and made a significant commitment, because he knows there is demand for it. Now, everyone who asked for this can get it. That's a good thing for Jackson and for the consumer - we gave the consumer what they asked for!

I realize the dealer who has these may not be the dealer you normally choose to work with. But ER heard your (and other Jackson fans) requests, and he decided to act on it. He listened to the consumers and gave them what they wanted - that counts for something!!

One of two things can happen now. Consumers can contact ER and get a reverse headstock Jackson guitar at a non-Custom Shop price, or you can go to another dealer and order a Custom Shop guitar.

Which ever way you want to go, that is totally your choice. But please do not start flaming me, ER, or anyone else in the process, just because you may not like the dealer who has them.

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                                agreed. i think ed's reputation and horror stories of faked guitars keeps many a buyer away. i know that if i found something i really liked at his store i'd never be comfortable knowing that it is truly what it's advertised as.

sully
                                That's why I answered the question posted in this thread earlier and confirmed that in this case, these are legit.

Comment

Working...
                                X