New Designs From Pablo Santana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Designs From Pablo Santana

They are nice variations on a theme. Perhaps they will see limited runs. I hope that somebody starts working with circles and gentle curves soon.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely more into elegance than spikey, radical stuff. Les Pauls, SGs, Soloists, even the Kelly and Vs (Rhoads included) have something to offer elegant and curvacious. The overdone spikes and cutouts seem brash.

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

Jackson Mockingbird???!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like they're feeling the bite of Brad's copyright on that Kelly he designed, so now they're trying to apply the concept to other models [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Still, the Warrior w/ Cutouts is one I had been thinking of, but not on the front horns [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] They better bring back the SLATs as production models instead of considering these designs. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

the 1st and 3rd are kinda cool, but kinda pointless

Comment

yeah those are all hideous.

oh well.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  the warrior look good IMO.

The rest is a little too much

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ] +2

[/ QUOTE ]
                  +3
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They shouldn't make a change on the original Jackson headstock. And I didn't like any of these designs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

they're all bloody terrible imho

If i wanted a BC Rich i'd go and buy a 'cheap' BC Rich
                      My music:
                      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

goddamn, tough room. Keep in mind this is the dude thats building your custom guitars, he might be reading these opinions so maybe a little TACT wouldn't hurt. That said, I don't like the last one, the first one is awesome (though I too would advise against those this cutouts on top) and the second one is ok. I like the third one quite a bit but the cutouts are a little too deep for my tastes.

Hopefully thats some constructive criticism and not "OMG BC RICH!".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          goddamn, tough room. Keep in mind this is the dude thats building your custom guitars, he might be reading these opinions so maybe a little TACT wouldn't hurt. That said, I don't like the last one, the first one is awesome (though I too would advise against those this cutouts on top) and the second one is ok. I like the third one quite a bit but the cutouts are a little too deep for my tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with the comments made here. Personally, I would rather someone get to the point and not candy coat it. Someone just asked a bunch of die hard Jackson owners (A major demographic slice of their current market) what they thought about a new design and they got it.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offence this isnt Burger King where some spotty dickhead is gonna spit in your burger if you complain.

The guys a professional guitar builder, and he's been doing it long enough to know when honest (sometimes brutal) opinion is given and knows how to take it.

if you dont want honest answers dont ask for opinions in the first place. I hate people who 'sugar coat' responses, it belittles people.
                            My music:
                            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I think they're all hideous. Respect to Pablo form building, but building guitars, and designing guitars are two entirely different things. He should stick to building them.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

if you dont want honest answers dont ask for opinions in the first place. I hate people who 'sugar coat' responses, it belittles people.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                I didn't say lie, I just said there is no reason to be an ass. Some people have been straight, others have just well lets put it this way.

[ QUOTE ]
                                they're all bloody terrible imho

If i wanted a BC Rich i'd go and buy a 'cheap' BC Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Whats exactly does that say of value?

[ QUOTE ]
                                I think they're all hideous. Respect to Pablo form building, but building guitars, and designing guitars are two entirely different things. He should stick to building them.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Sadly I find this all too true, its hard to design new guitars that don' t look wierd of at the very least derivative, lots of builders try and very few succeed. If we are being honest I didn't particularly care for the Extreme Kelly Either.

Comment

Working...
                                X