Fun with the custom shop generator part 349

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun with the custom shop generator part 349

Its not so much class as personal taste, class just comes with it. I don't like graphics and I'm not big on solid finishes. I'm a big fan of natural wood but I also like pointy guitars so hence the marriage of pointy and figured woods/natural woods.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Sorry, I meant cookie cutter as in an oddball shape like a Warrior or V or something - like you get all those crazy cookie cutter shapes. I think you guys must have a different definition for that one on the other side of the Atlantic, d'oh! Fair enough though, we don't actually use the term cookie cutter over here at all! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I still think slapping a nice bit of figured wood on top of a big pointy heavy metal guitar in order to add a touch of class is hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay then, how about if the guitar is made of solid figured wood rather than a top? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

What the fuck is that?!

Comment

That is a Lado! Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden had a couple of those. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Sorry, I meant cookie cutter as in an oddball shape like a Warrior or V or something - like you get all those crazy cookie cutter shapes. I think you guys must have a different definition for that one on the other side of the Atlantic, d'oh! Fair enough though, we don't actually use the term cookie cutter over here at all! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I still think slapping a nice bit of figured wood on top of a big pointy heavy metal guitar in order to add a touch of class is hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay then, how about if the guitar is made of solid figured wood rather than a top? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] cool! got any more pics of that beauty?

Comment

Dude that lower right horn kills it. Otherwise it would be badass. Love the color and inlays though.

Comment

Adrian Smith's were slightly different. Not exactly the same shape.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Adrian Smith's were slightly different. Not exactly the same shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very correct. Adrian Smith played the Lado Earth. It was a similar shape to this one, but was basically a cutout slab. In other words, the top was flat. Mine is a Lado Lazer, and as far as I know, it is the only Lado Lazer ever built. The shape differs slightly from the Earth, and the important thing, is that the top is not flat. The guitar is contoured in various places. It's hard to tell from the pics, but both the upper right horn, and the lower left point are tapered front to back. The body is normal thickness in the centre, but on these points it tapers to about 3/4".

Comment

Mosh's 7 string is badass. It doesn't much more metal than that! That custom shop generator is fun, that is for sure.

Comment

I have to agree that a "pretty" top on an aggressive shape is like making a battleaxe out of gold and mounting jewels and such in the shaft - nice to look at but not very menacing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good cause I'm not going for menacing, going for cool looking.

And really White and Gold on a pointy guitar isn't so menacing either...NEWC [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have to agree that a "pretty" top on an aggressive shape is like making a battleaxe out of gold and mounting jewels and such in the shaft - nice to look at but not very menacing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I think that certain colored trans finishes do look quite menacing. A dark red quilt top reminds me very much of blood, or a pile of bloody entrails. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X