Fun with the custom shop generator part 349

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with the custom shop generator part 349

I was just messing around, and thought this was pretty cool. I always liked the Death Warrior and Death Kelly, and the red quilt is pretty cool. Maybe I'll get around to placing a custom shop order one day.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Fun with the custom shop generator part 349

Very similar to Nor's 7 stringer...
    Pretty nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Pretty nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess it is isn't it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This would be a mahogany body with a 3 piece maple neck-thru, and a half-inch maple top. I would probably go for a matching headstock instead of the black.

Comment

That looks pretty cool Zeegs. So.....when ya ordering it?
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

When I win the lottery. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Where do most Death-Angel/Kelly/Warrior/RR/lespaul/telecaster/whateverelse owners put the input? in the upper wing or the lower?

Inverted cross inlays. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I was going to make my custom guitar someday using a death-kelly body with blue quilted maple.. hopefully it'll look sweet =]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Where do most Death-Angel/Kelly/Warrior/RR/lespaul/telecaster/whateverelse owners put the input? in the upper wing or the lower?

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - upper wing
                Kelly, Les Paul, and Tele - lower bout near the control cavity

In a Death Kelly I would have it in the same place as a RR.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Pretty nice.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Where you been? He sold that to Moshwitz awhile ago. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Here's Moshwitz and the Death Warrior in all its glory! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    RR - upper wing
                    Kelly, Les Paul, and Tele - lower bout near the control cavity

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Haha, I know this. I was just poking fun at how many guitars get "Death"afised. You know, Death-Angel, Death-Kelly, Death-stratocaster, etc.

Comment

Don't forget the Death Rhoads...you think I'm joking, thats next on my Jackson Custom list! But to be fair the Death Angel wasn't deathised. It is what it is. The only thing Deathised are some of the current incarnations as you mentioned, the Death Kelly and the Death Warrior.

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that cookie cutter guitars shouldn't have trans finishes? I'm not a big fan of trans finishes at the best of times, but on a big pointy guitar, I'd much rather see flames or blood or skulls or something... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

Comment

It's obviously just you. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously though, flames, blood and skulls, are great when you're 16, but I've been there, done that, and there's no reason why you can't have a pointy guitar, and still have it look classy with a nice piece of figured wood. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by cookie cutter. Cookie cutter refers to something that is not unique, something that looks just like everything else. That hardly describes pointy guitars.

Comment

Good points Zeegs, but I sort of see a bit of what Steve is saying thats why I tend to like to "Archtop" things. Thats why I got an archtop death angel. It adds some softness to the harsh pointy body, not enough to make it a Daisy Rock Guitar or anything, but enough to make it looks real class.

Comment

Sorry, I meant cookie cutter as in an oddball shape like a Warrior or V or something - like you get all those crazy cookie cutter shapes. I think you guys must have a different definition for that one on the other side of the Atlantic, d'oh! Fair enough though, we don't actually use the term cookie cutter over here at all! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I still think slapping a nice bit of figured wood on top of a big pointy heavy metal guitar in order to add a touch of class is hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X