Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!

[ QUOTE ]
    The NAMM orange shannon exsists correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

AH, the fabled Orange Sorbet.... good question...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      The NAMM orange shannon exsists correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

AH, the fabled Orange Sorbet.... good question...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I thought we all saw it for sale on the bay about 2 years ago?? </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I´d remember if I´d have seen it, that´s for sure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, I knew it was either BGF or green. I know his custom shop was a quilted green top. It was really fucking thick if I recall too (the top).

Now I want a Shannon soloist [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, I'm still relatively new. What's so special about a Shannon Soloist? Can't you still order a custom shop soloist built by Mike Shannon? Were the bodies on these ones different?

Comment

Neck angle, non recessed trem, binding over frets, limited edition, and I believe Mike Shannon signed the back of the head stocks of all of them (I've never seen a white in person, and I don't recall seeing a green to verify).

Comment

here are the specs I gathered over time:

body : poplar body wings (instead of alder)
                neck : maple neck with ebony fretboard, binding over fret ends (otherwise known as binding nibs or Gibson binding)
                one piece neck with headstock scarf joint, old-style unscalloped neck heel, 4 degree neck angle to compensate for raised tremolo
                bridge : non-recessed original Floyd Rose tremolo with 42mm long sustain block
                headstock : Jackson headstock logo is silkscreened (rather than made of mother of pearl), Mike Shannon's signature on the back of the headstock underneath the clearcoat
                tuners Gotoh "45 degree" tuners (either with a Jackson logo or Gotoh logo)
                hardware : chrome hardware (except for one black guitar that left the factory with gold hardware, and black HW on the 2 white)
                pickups : Seymour Duncan SHPG-1 Pearly Gates humbucker and Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Custom staggered single coils
                finish : 4 known finishes : black (50 or 52), blue ghost flames (56 ~$300 upcharge at the time), slime green (6), white (2) and one rumored finish (1 in sherbet orange, to be confirmed at this time)

other info supposed to be a modern take on a San Dimas era Soloist and/or a tribute to/for Mike Shannon, except for the large Ontario control cavity route and "45 degree" tuners, made in 1998 with at least one 1997 prototype (finished in blue ghost flames, with just one humbucker)

Comment

here's an older pic with 3 of them.. I'll post pics of the white and the prototype soon:

btw, I have 2 green ones, so if anyone is out lookin' for one, feel free to contact me

Comment

back of the headstock of the white (you can see the signature):

thx JRE!

Comment

I need a white shannon dammit, or a green one even, they are pretty sweet looking as well!

Comment

Ahh, now I see. Thanks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          And here's my current '85 Soloist:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pretty much my dream Soloist. Pretty fuckin' awesome... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            at least one 1997 prototype (finished in blue ghost flames, with just one humbucker)

[/ QUOTE ]
                            At least two board members here have owned that. I thought the sherbet orange one was supposed to be the prototype, though.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              And here's my current '85 Soloist:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pretty much my dream Soloist. Pretty fuckin' awesome... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks...it's pretty much been MY dream Soloist since 1985! I bought a Charvel in white pearl, my friend John bought a Soloist. The Soloist was about $300 more than the Charvel--too rich for me at the time! I remember how smooth it was, and how it oozed quality! Now, I have THAT guitar, only in better shape!
                              Funny thing is, my friend John's '85 is lighter, with a thinner neck. Mine is a little heavier, and has a thick Les Paul type neck. Made to order, I assume!
                              '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                              '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                              '98 PRS Custom 22
                              '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

That a Beautiful Guitasr dude!.....Looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X