Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!!

Anyone own the white Shannon Soloist featured in the gallery? There were only 2 white ones made--and I had Jackson make both of them, and owned both at one point....
    '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
    '98 PRS Custom 22
    '10 Les Paul Traditional

Re: Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!!

Cool... tell us more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    No idea who has them though...
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Re: Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!!

If I owned one I wouldn't cop to it until I found out what, precisely, this mysterious info was.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: Who owns a White Shannon Soloist? I have info!

I have one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I've heard from someone I trust that they're looking at making another run of them......
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Btw, I've got mine from Brett -the one in the gallery- and he told me the other owner did contact him (you?), but lost track of his record somehow..

Comment

Here's the scoop. When the Shannons first came out in 99, I wanted one. But, not in slime green, ghost blue flames, or metalic black. I wanted pearl White! So, I called Tim Wilson of the custom shop. Great guy! He said for a small one-off charge, they'd be happy to make me a white Shannon!And, since they already had the bodies made, it would only take a month!! I said great, and placed the order with Indoor Storm. A week into it, I called Tim back, and asked if they could sub black hardware instead of the nickel that came on the other Shannons. He agreed, and didn't charge me extra! Sweet (this is why both white Shannons should have black hardware). So, I get the guitar a month or so later. Looks killer. Problem is, there was slime GREEN paint showing in the control cavity, and on the back of the neck!? WTF? Looks like they just took a green Shannon, and painted it White, right over the green!? I also noticed sanding marks through the paint, in the right light. Maybe they sanded a Green one, and painted it white? Bad for tone, either way! I called Tim back, and he was very cool. He offered to make me another Shannon, from an un-painted built Shannon they had left. I agreed, and sent my first one back to Indoor Storm (they must have sold it, because I saw an add online for "the only white Shannon ever made". Wrong!) When I got my second white Shannon, it was perfect--except for the dead sounding tone (edit: could have been the pickups, or the way the neck was adjusted--to me, it didn't ring like a Jackson should). I wound up selling that one to a guy in CT about a year later (2000 maybe, or 2001). So, the only two white Shannons were mine, once!
              Question for you pebber--Is there green in YOUR control cavity?
              '98 PRS Custom 22
              '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Slightly off topic, but I've heard from someone I trust that they're looking at making another run of them......

[/ QUOTE ]

I´d be all over one of those! As long as they´re available in something cooler than black, bgf or slime.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I´d be all over one of those! As long as they´re available in something cooler than black, bgf or slime.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000000

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Question for you pebber--Is there green in YOUR control cavity?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, there isn't any green anywhere on my white one.

it's an interesting story about that other one, do you have any pics of it?

Comment

Well, the green/white one went back to the store...no photos. And this was '99, a few computers ago. I cant find any Shannon photos. If there's no green, then you have the one I sold to a guy in CT in 2000. I dont have the serial number anywhere either. Made it all the way to Belgium, eh? Cool. Does the tone sound...dead to you?
                      '98 PRS Custom 22
                      '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Yeah, I wanted a White Shannon so badly. I remember Chris Cannella from N17 had a Shannon (for the life of me, I can't remember if it was slime green, or the BGF I know his Custom shop was green quilt, but I can't remember about his Shannon) and I said about the white, and he said, about the limited number.

See, I heard that there are 2 whites, and 6 slimers, then however many green and bgf. the flames are the most common I see. If I had to pick, I'd hit up white, or Black, over any of the others.

Comment

The NAMM orange shannon exsists correct?

Comment

Funny that there are definately only 2 white--and I was the original owner of both! Wonder if Jackson has me as the orderer on both, on their work orders. Or would they just have Indoor Storm as the customer?

About a year after the Shannons, Jackson started their more liberal one-off policy, with the wider color choices, etc. Snow white pearl came back as an option. I bought an SL-1 in SWP...sold that one too! Didn't like the feel of the recessed Floyd and straight neck angle. Here's a shot of my white SL-1 from '01: Looks pretty similar!

And here's my current '85 Soloist:
                            '98 PRS Custom 22
                            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Yeah, I wanted a White Shannon so badly. I remember Chris Cannella from N17 had a Shannon (for the life of me, I can't remember if it was slime green, or the BGF I know his Custom shop was green quilt, but I can't remember about his Shannon) and I said about the white, and he said, about the limited number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember Chris telling me he had gotten a BGF Shannon right after he got it.

I have a black one and when all the BGFs were getting posted for sale I almost got one of those too!

Comment

Working...
                              X