Are mustaine sigs very rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are mustaine sigs very rare?

I've been dying for one ever since I got my friedman sig. I've kept my eyes open for one to pop up on ebay but I haven't seen a single one show up.

can I expect to see one show up, or are these rare guitars?

Re: Are mustaine sigs very rare?

They pop up once in a while like this auction on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-USA-CUSTOM-S...1QQcmdZViewItem
    [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

haha

I feel like a fool now.

THat's not really what I was looking for. I thought the mustaine signature guitars had those wierd looking tuners.

those really tall black ones, and I thought they had kixed kalhlers [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the sigs had the LSR tuners and the Kahler bridge. The one on ebay is a little different from the norm. I have seen another one like what you are looking for on Ebay a couple of weeks back. They are definately not frequent on Ebay, but they do show up. GAS f'n sucks doesn't it???? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

By no means all Mustaine Sigs (KV1) had the LSR Tuners: As far as I can remember, they were only used for a year or so.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            By no means all Mustaine Sigs (KV1) had the LSR Tuners: As far as I can remember, they were only used for a year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Correct. And other specs kept changing as well. Some had thin and some jumbo frets. The neck shape was different on the early ones. Etc... But cool guitars - the best ever production model IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

I don't remember what year the KV1 received LSR's, but from what I understand, Kevin Easton didn't like em, and the last year of the KV1 (2000), they had the Jackson logo'ed tuners.

Heres mine.... LSR's and a very unique axe... NAMM guitar, and only one ever in BGF, and one of 3 USA Select KV1's ever made...and Kevin Easton informed me he used it on a catalog cover, but photoshopped it to have a floyd to be a kv2.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] sweet axe dude.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  GAS f'n sucks doesn't it???? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're damn right it does [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

especially when you're stuck liking a very particular kind of guitar [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to change the subject, but whats the advantage of the LSR tuners?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I don't remember what year the KV1 received LSR's, but from what I understand, Kevin Easton didn't like em, and the last year of the KV1 (2000), they had the Jackson logo'ed tuners.

Heres mine.... LSR's and a very unique axe... NAMM guitar, and only one ever in BGF, and one of 3 USA Select KV1's ever made...and Kevin Easton informed me he used it on a catalog cover, but photoshopped it to have a floyd to be a kv2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, because I don't know any better: how many different Mustaine models were there? Are you saying there were only 3 KV1s with U serial numbers? There were more KV1s than this, right? Did they use a different serial?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Sorry to change the subject, but whats the advantage of the LSR tuners?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Normal tuners just wrap the strings around the posts while LSR tuners lock the strings,pull the strings into the unit straight.
                        Very easy to use like Sperzel but much lighter I believe.
                        They really keep helping to stay in tune as well.

Comment

They also have something like a 50:1 gear ratio. I always thaught it was cool...I wonder how they work?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, because I don't know any better: how many different Mustaine models were there? Are you saying there were only 3 KV1s with U serial numbers? There were more KV1s than this, right? Did they use a different serial?

[/ QUOTE ]
                            There were only a handful of KV1s ordered with Select series colors. But in total there's got to be at least 200-300 of them. Most are black.
                            Apart from KV1 there is KV Pro which has very similar specs but is made in Japan. Don't let that fool You though cause the two I had were equally good to KV1s. KV Pros came in black, silver sparkle and cherry sunburst. Mustaine used a sunburst KV Pro on at least two tours.
                            In early 90s there was a custom shop Player's Choise Mustaine Model (PCS King V). Circa 35 of those were produced. They are black with 22 frets and FR.
                            And then there is the Y2KV.
                            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

A buddy of mine's got a Korina KV1. Beautiful guitar.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X