Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender made Jacksons

[ QUOTE ]
    The two shops (Jackson & Fender) are still separate entities, with their own equipment, employees and premises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with this in mind, who makes the USA Jacksons? Custom shop? Or is it a separate shop?? If so are they in the same building?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I love admins!

Comment

USA Jacksons and Custom shops are made in the same area. Same people for the most part but I doubt Mike Shannon is cranking out DK1's all day long.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

here's the guitar world article.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Watch out..Jackson/ Charvel is going to have a big year in 2006. Even bigger in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]
          whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! listen to him, he's informed!!!!! I can't wait! first stop, DK2M!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            USA Jacksons and Custom shops are made in the same area. Same people for the most part but I doubt Mike Shannon is cranking out DK1's all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a USA select and Custom Shop are made by the same people, same shop?? They just make what they want instead of a custom order??
            I love admins!

Comment

I don't know how they determine who makes what but it's the same shop and same people there. I imagine some duties are segregated but it's not a whole different prodcution crew.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Cool I always wondered who made my sl1?
                I love admins!

Comment

It´s on the hanghtags, SL2

Comment

Usually it is on the tags, I've seen some that were not marked though.

Anyhoo, last I heard is that Shannon, Eldred, Pablo, and one other guy who I can never remember only make Customs, and only they make Customs. The other guys (and gals?) make the USA Selects, and they've been trained by "The Masters" to do it.

The USA Selects are made according to a predetermined set of specs for that given model, and are built in batches. One batch of SL1s, one batch of SL2s, a batch of RRs, etc etc etc.

It is also my understanding that both the Jackson and Fender shops are in the same large building, with Jackson on one side and Fender on the other. They don't make one brand in the other's side of the building, each has their own side and their own equipment and their own people.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It´s on the hanghtags, SL2

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Ya well I'm like the 4th owner of my sl1! It's from the 90's, so I know nothing about it's origin! Thanks!
                      I love admins!

Comment

On a similar circumstance, weren't BC Rich bought out by HHI? But HHI don't make guitars (least not BCR's). If they do, it would explain as to why the import NJ series Speedloader was a complete farse. Given Jackson's reputation for fantastic build quality blah blah, I think they'd be plenty pissed if Fender tried to build their guitars for them. Even if they DID let it go this far, I'm sure any Jackson fanatic would be able to tell the difference instantly. If my WRMG sounded like a Strat, I'd take it straight to my local retailer and demand a refund.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wouldn't the pickguard and lipstick tube pickups given it away before you bought it?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

As the buyout was happening, some people had strong fears of what might become of Jackson...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              As the buyout was happening, some people had strong fears of what might become of Jackson...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's funny as hell!

Comment

you forgot to change the headstock. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] actually don't, ... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] (runs to the toilet, retching)
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X