Fender made Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender made Jacksons

I’m sure I’ve missed tons of this discussion, but being new and all you’ll have to excuse me if I’m beating a dead or horse or cat or whatever. Anyway, I saw this quote on Harmony Central and was wondering how true it rang on the quality of USA Jackson guitars after Fender took over.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sound: 6
    Sounds good but not great. Current Seymour Duncan pickups just don't sound anything like they did when they were handmade in the 80's. The current Duncan JB is muddy crap.

Action, Fit, & Finish: 3
    This is where the now FENDER owned company completely goes to hell. These guitars are no longer for the most part "handmade". They are made cookie-cutter style with machines and the quality control is pretty much non-existent. The fretwork isn't as good as what I'm seeing out of Korea now on Dean/ESP/Washburn guitars. The strings don't even line up very well with the neck thanks to the 2 Floyd Rose posts drill and installed too far to the left. The paint is smooth but you can see multiple verticle lines all over the body(due to the cheap machine painting process).

[/ QUOTE ]
    I personally haven't heard much on this issue aside from whispers here and there. Course I run in small circles...

Re: Fender made Jacksons

feedback around here since Fender acquired Jackson has indicated that quality has generally improved over the previous ownership.

Although Fender doesn't actually make Jacksons, they just own the company. The two shops (Jackson & Fender) are still separate entities, with their own equipment, employees and premises.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

That review is a joke and clearly just a dig from a fucktard. Fender instruments are top notch. As are Gretsch, Jackson, Charvel, Tacoma, Benedetto, etc.

The cookie cutter remark is pretty funny given that just about all guitars made nowadays are made with CNC machines - it's why the quality is consistent.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

This is what I hate about Harmony Central - morons who will invent a lot of "facts" to back their reviews up.

USA Jacksons are still made by Jackson's custom shop people. Fender don't build Jacksons - Jackson does.

The thing Fender did when they bought Jackson from Akai, was relocate the custom shop and give them newer, better machines. The guitars were never made by one tech, using only his teeth - they've always used machinery and tools.

All I've heard around here is that quality has improved since Fender's takeover. There have been some issues with quality control, but the latest I've heard is that Jackson will fix manufacturing defects regardless. That guy probably had a late AMIC era guitar.

Comment

I feel silly for even posting that now, but it did make me curious as to how the quality of Jackson guitars were affected by the buy out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That review is a joke and clearly just a dig from a fucktard. Fender instruments are top notch. As are Gretsch, Jackson, Charvel, Tacoma, Benedetto, etc.

The cookie cutter remark is pretty funny given that just about all guitars made nowadays are made with CNC machines - it's why the quality is consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

fucktard... That's funny!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I don't know why this even bothers people. It's funny how the internet rumors can fly.

Comment

i have had more problems with my PRE-fender jacksons thatn with my "fender made" jacksons. fender has treated jackson right and they are better than ever!!

of course that's my opinion!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Watch out..Jackson/ Charvel is going to have a big year in 2006. Even bigger in 2007.
                  Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

yeah i wish people would get the assumption out of their heads that just because fender BUYS jackson, it doesnt mean they are making Jacksons in the same factory as fenders

Comment

well, Jackson USA and Fender USA share the same place, actually, but production lines are totally independent
                      Because I don't say it
                      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

What is the history on QC in the AMIC era and what years was it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I feel silly for even posting that now, but it did make me curious as to how the quality of Jackson guitars were affected by the buy out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first mistake is actually putting any thought to anything written on Harmony Central.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Several of those criticisms sound very much like the same BS that a former JCF'r used to shout from the top of the mountains. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

It's [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

last month's guitar world had a similar Q&A article about the same issue at the end of the mag.
                              some reader wrote in asking about fender's acquisition of jackson and their QC and rumors just like the one on HC.
                              the guitar world editor contacted jackson and answered him well. he basically said now they operate in fender's facility with better equipments and the same team. they are making better and MORE guitars. there were also a few pix of custom jacksons next to the article. I was happy the words were out by a big mag like GW.
                              if anyone is interested, I will scan it and post it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X