Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so when did jackson stop making 24 fret RRs

[ QUOTE ]
    And to be honest, I don´t think it´s that good for a company to be "copping" from ex-endorsees, all that "wannabe -laiho" above is gonna do is advertise for ESP... They´re shooting themselves in the foot IMO if this is a production axe, Import or not....

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? Okay, well if Jackson came out with a 24 fret Rhoads, it would surely hit the market with a storm. They would sell more then they could make for the first year or so I imagine.

As for the Rhoads copying the LTD/ESP... umm... riiight. Everyone who knows Alexi, knows he played Jacksons, and only switched to ESP because his Jacksons got stolen. I don't think any half decent COB fan who plays guitars would even make that mistake. As for COB fans, who really cares about them anyways? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they're like one step above COF fans! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

that jackson stars is a real beauty!
      we need more stuff like that

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        And to be honest, I don´t think it´s that good for a company to be "copping" from ex-endorsees, all that "wannabe -laiho" above is gonna do is advertise for ESP... They´re shooting themselves in the foot IMO if this is a production axe, Import or not....

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? Okay, well if Jackson came out with a 24 fret Rhoads, it would surely hit the market with a storm. They would sell more then they could make for the first year or so I imagine.

As for the Rhoads copying the LTD/ESP... umm... riiight. Everyone who knows Alexi, knows he played Jacksons, and only switched to ESP because his Jacksons got stolen. I don't think any half decent COB fan who plays guitars would even make that mistake. As for COB fans, who really cares about them anyways? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they're like one step above COF fans! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the ESPee is the copy, but my point is that that axe looks like a Jackson knockoff of the Laihos, and I´m not sure that that´s so smart in a marketing sense, as the more recognized guitar w/ that finish is a competitor´s guitar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That Rhoads is an RR-LL. Was available in tiny tiny batches in the Scandanavian market - was an Alexi Laiho model. Jap made I believe, but not a Jackson Stars. They're yellow pinstripes/bevels by the way.

James

Comment

that black with white stripes isn't rr-ll. i'm seeing it for the first time

Comment

If the guitar posted above isn´t a Jackson Stars, why can I clearly make out the Jackson Stars logo on the headstock? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

who said it isn't jackson star?

Comment

The one with the white pinstripes posted by ChrisRocksUSA, is a neck-thru Jackson Stars model. No one claimed it to be the RR-LL. The one with the yellow bevels posted by Mr. White, is the RR-LL, a bolt-on Jackson import limited run. I hope there is no more confusion now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

agreed

Comment

sheesh, did you hear? they even wrote a BOOK of that lord of the rings movie now! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I still want a Rhoads 59. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] http://www.musiikkikullas.fi/jackson_rhoads59.htm
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Haha my mistake!!! It was late and Id been at the gym [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            As for COB fans, who really cares about them anyways? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they're like one step above COF fans! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If that black & white is the one Ikebe has, it's a custom order. So it's not like Jackson is mass producing a copy of a copy of the Laiho. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X