X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rosewood on an RR1?

[ QUOTE ]
    Where did you get them?

[/ QUOTE ] I ain't gonna put any dealer out on Front Street like that, dude. Fact is, it should have been oiled at the factory before they strung it up.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Thanks for all the info and thanks DMS. Is there a specific type of oil that works good? Also, bit afraid to try this, but are you supposed to use steel wool or something? I read it in the Jackson manual and on a bottle of fretboard oil (don't think it's the same stuff you're using).

[/ QUOTE ]

check the tech section. if you've already got a fretboard oil, it's probably fine and i wouldn't hesitate to use it. we all have our preferences on what we use.

oh, and yeah, you can use steel wool, but make sure you go up and down and not across the frets otherwise you'll scratch the ebony.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Unless the 'board is in really bad shape I'd avoid using any abrasives. One nice thing about ebony is that the crud tends to sit on top rather than sink in. I cleaned the one above with naptha and a soft cloth and had no trouble getting the gunk off.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Where did you get them?

[/ QUOTE ] I ain't gonna put any dealer out on Front Street like that, dude. Fact is, it should have been oiled at the factory before they strung it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the point of forum, to suport Jackson guitars players and buyers and inform them on bad dealers?
          If dealer lets fretboard to dry, then he is not realy into selling quality product, or even worse, he doesn't even know what he is selling.

Comment

the guitar could have just not sold for a long time. it could have been in a case in the back and forgotten about. it happens.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              the guitar could have just not sold for a long time. it could have been in a case in the back and forgotten about. it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, when I got my Fender Double Fat Strat from MF in '01, the rosewood board was pretty dry and pale looking! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is definitely ebony, it just needs a good clean, and oiling.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Off topic, but what's the thing around your mouth in the picture, zeeg?
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not me, that's paint huffing guy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Oh, okay haha.
                      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not me, that's paint huffing guy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Metallic Gold right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X