Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'88 USA Jackson Archtop Soloist - value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \'88 USA Jackson Archtop Soloist - value?

get it off the pavement and the van... i would say it is at least worth not watching it slide down the door and crack into many pieces in your drivewat....

Comment

Ford F150 Pickup...mid seventies?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I didn't think 'Student' models had neck binding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know most of the student arch tops did, but I'm not sure about regular soloists. I don't think they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. with courtesy of Jani:

Getting back to Archtop history I have the 1987 J/C price list and it has the following info:

ARCH-TOP series:
        1. Mahogany Arch-top
        2. Flame Maple Arch-top
        3. Select Flame Maple Arch-top

First model was 1680usd and had no binding, white logo, Indian rosewood and solid color.

Second model was 1900usd and had trans finish, maple tops, bindings, white logo and Brazilian rosewood.

Third model was 2400uds (!!!) and had selected flame maple tops and pearl logo (without made in USA text).

A Jackson tremolo added 100usd to each model's price. Only given option other than the bridge was black/brass hardware. Of course anything was available for enough money. Pickups should be J95 & J50N. This goes for
        the early ones.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          <font color="aqua">great minds think alike... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Dave, is it missing the 2 middle string through ferrules? I'd like to see more pics of that if you have them! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to take more pix when I can. The two ferrules are missing. They look to just be flared brass tubing. I have some brass tubing and a flare tool for brake lines, I should be able to make a couple.
          The guitar is nice, but not mint. Has the typical Jackson headstock tip chip and a few small dings.

Comment

So thats the elusive third series archtop. Wow thats just gorgeous and IMO worth every penny of $2000 someone mentioned earlier. Particularly considering that that fretboard alone is worth about a hundred bucks. OUTSTANDING guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Someone on the J/C main thread was talking about soft archtops vs carved tops. Here you can really see the difference. Check out how that top is completely curved down, there are no deep carves in the top its very gradual. I don't know which I prefer but with the binding this guitar is just stunning! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It is #JA0069. Kind of a bad indoor flash shot of the top. It is a really nice deep red color. People would kill for a top like this on a Les Paul. LOL

Comment

The mahogany grain on the back is very cool.

Comment

JIm - If I budge - you get first shot at getting her back ! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  I LOVE the red top with H/S config .... where the hell was I when this series came out!?!?
                  Great score - and Lex - nice top !

Comment

Budman Dave,
                    I made a couple ferrules for it today, they look close, but not quite perfect. Every time I made the flare bigger, the tubing cracked.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Those aren't bad, Dave. I completely understand since that tubing is so thin. Try going a little slower and add a bit of kerosene or a light oil to "ease" the friction of the flaring tool. </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thx for the tip Dave, I'll have to give that a try.

Comment

Nice...nice...niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                          '92 Fender Strat scallop
                          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I remember seeing this guitar for sale over at Birds and Moons on 6/17 and the guy was asking 1400 for it.I was amazed that no one from JCF saw it [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I remember seeing this guitar for sale over at Birds and Moons on 6/17 and the guy was asking 1400 for it.I was amazed that no one from JCF saw it [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">apparently someone from the JCF DID (a certain "paris is burning"), but didn't say anything??? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked it up, sure looks like the same one. The dealer my brother got it from got in trade for a Chapman Stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X