No announcement yet.

help..which would you buy? decisions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help..which would you buy? decisions!

If you can deal with the Kalher I would get the older one but that is me.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

both play excellent...and i like both.....I did the eyes closed bit...and really each had their own character it was a toss up...actually the kahler...stood pretty much in tune...i was doing some whammy dives....both had pro setups and both were easy to play....guess ill sleep on it...whichever i get ill post pics...thanks everybody

Comment

I´d take the SD, I prefer the angled neck and Kahler [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

+1 for the San Dimas Soloist.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Easy enough to have the Kahler modded to a real trem (OFR) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And they'll both re-sell for about $600 tops around here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well here I go. Personally I'd take the new one with the Floyd. I've got several 80's guitars with Kahlers and I hate them. And yes, I've tried everything on them to get them in tune. I'd like to convert them or trash them. Maybe a hardtail?? The new one with the paint job sounds cool!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If you are going to do the conversion, make sure that someone who really knows then sh!t does it. Nothing is worse than a crappy kalher to floyd conversion IMHO.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have a model 4 charvel with a kahler and it stays in tune...of course its new old stock...and the trem is basically new.....those brass rollers havent had a chance to wear out... i have and old ibanez dt455 (not sure of the model) phil collen type destroyer with the 3 pickups and a kahler...and that sucker has always had problems keeping in tune.....i made the decision to buy the new jackson..went back 5 days later...and they were both gone....after he said he had these guitars for over a year and a half and they didnt sell.. LESSON LEARNED JUST BUY WHEN IN DOUBT....NOW I DONT HAVE ANYTHING...SHIT.

Comment

Working...
                  X