Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA Jackson High Prices

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just sold my SL2 (used and with some damage from straplocks, missing paint, etc ,etc), and yes this is the 'budget' model of the SL2 from 96/97 (no inlays, import hardware etc) for 1200 euro, which is $1430.

So the prices are definitly in perspective for me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Partially due to the higher costs of guitars here in Europe and partially because of the high euro/low dollar. Which'll probably change after the London terror attacks.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Most dealers within Europe have to pay 22% VAT plus customs and shipping from US to their stores. Those costs alone take the prices upwards by 30% and of course they need to add profit too to keep their business running.
      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

i wish i was older so i could have bought in 2000 a brand new jackson rr1t for alot cheaper usd.

Comment

I wish we are in 2002 so I can buy a lot of brand new USA Jackson Guitars for a very nice price. Damn you Fender!!!!!!

Comment

You guys surely don't have the "skills to pay the bills"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You guys surely don't have the "skills to pay the bills"

[/ QUOTE ] ....or to perform a simple countdown in your classified ad. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

As far as I am concerned I overpayed in 2002, if it makes you feel better.

Comment

So let me get this straight.
                  You are complaining that a small batch guitar(as selects are) with ebony fingerboards, real MOP inlays, neck thru construction, quality tuners, electronics, and real floyds that sell for less than a comparable Gibson or PRS, are too expensive.

That is funny. If anything AMIC was under pricing the Jackson line.
                  Look, if you want to go used, more power to you, but this idea that those combination of features should go for what you would pay for a American Series Strat just doesn't make business sense IMHO.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I was just going to say that. Go shopping for a PRS, an ESP, a Gibson...

How much more is a USA Jackson from a GMW or GMP or any other USA made guitar?

I think the price is more than I'd like it to be, but sill in line and a better value than many other companies.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Look, if you want to go used, more power to you, but this idea that those combination of features should go for what you would pay for a American Series Strat just doesn't make business sense IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      That is because Strats should be priced lower. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I was just going to say that. Go shopping for a PRS, an ESP, a Gibson...

How much more is a USA Jackson from a GMW or GMP or any other USA made guitar?

I think the price is more than I'd like it to be, but sill in line and a better value than many other companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Like I said I am going used market thats it except for custom shop and LTDs. Period. All guitar manufacturers I will not buy used I may have considered Jackson but since the price increase just forget it. I am not arguing that they are not a good value they are, just the resale sucks so increasing the price was a bad move in my opinion. All the other companies have increased the price because the resale and demand went up on their guitars which I understand.

Comment

Resale of Jacksons is higher than it's been in a long while, and the raising of the MAP is probably one of the direct reasons.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I just sold my SL2 (used and with some damage from straplocks, missing paint, etc ,etc), and yes this is the 'budget' model of the SL2 from 96/97 (no inlays, import hardware etc) for 1200 euro, which is $1430.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Wish I could get that for mine....
                              The Buzzard does not fear
                              The man in riot gear
                              Harvest a skull of stone
                              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Oh yah, it was a smoking deal.
                                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X