PCS Original Rhoades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Original Rhoades

I have a orignal rhoads pcs #107 I bought it new in 1994 from musicins friend mail order. It is in perfect condition as it has never been played outside my home. It has spent most of its life inside its case. I have all the orignal papers and tag. How many of these were made? The final inspection date on the tag is 9/28/94. I paid $1449.88 for it. Is it collectable? What is it worth now? I have the orignal case also in perfect condition.

[ April 02, 2004, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Ralph E. ]

Re: PCS Original Rhoades

Welcome Anthony343.
    Seeing that you are new to this board, i'll try and help you not get into trouble with the admins. Don't take your guitar to the Classifieds before reading the rules at the top of this link:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...ubb=forum;f=10

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorry, I am new at this. I just would like more info on my guitar.

Comment

The "Search" function is pretty handy for that.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It is collectable.
          I've seen them go on Ebay from 1200-1700.
          Brett will be along shortly and offer to buy it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

okay, just to put an end to what may become thie guy's torture... yes, they're somewhat rare, i believe there's about 150 of them (someone can correct me on this?) and you probably could sell it for a bit more than what you paid for it, but the market is weird for them; sometimes they don't sell much over a grand.

that being said, welcome to the board.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, resale is entirely dependant on condition - I thought I got mine for a song, turns out I got hosed and had to sell it for a song [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

And I have to do it - It's spelled "Rhoads".

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thanks for the info jacksonheads. waiting to hear from Brett.

Comment

i'm sure you're kinda joking in that, but please let me reiterate that if you're here to unload what's a pretty cool guitar, leave now. i truly hope that you're here to be a part of the community, and not just here to learn about a guitar to flip it.

that being said, there's nothing wrong with getting info on a guitar to make an educated sale. however, you're not in a position to be able to sell the guitar here, which i'm sure you're aware of.

again, if you're just here to learn and be a part of the jcf, welcome. if you just wanna unload it, there's this place called ebay that you might want to look into.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hmmmm..let's see..he's been here a week, looking for info on a PCS, knows who Brett is..looks like the damage has already been done, Sully.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

can't you guys just lie to the newbies for once and let me get the damn thing for $500?

Comment

I have tried to post pictures but cant figure out how to do it. I dont want to sell it. I just would like more info. You guys have been informative. I have found no info anywhere else on the web. Thanks!

Comment

Anthony, go to Photobucket.com, sign up and upload your pics there, then link to them from here.
                          Don't forget to kick Photobucket a donation.

Comment

Lance - Get an RR-1T - same thing except for the PCS's smaller inlays [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

preposterous! The original-style Jackson logo is a big selling point for me. I think I want a LTD-type anyway, but I want the correct shortwing, but that's a bit pricey. sully better start making some soon before I lose interest. I have been listening to Tribute every day for a week. i really like how he does paranoid.

I didn't know you could find PCS's for around $1000 though, I will keep an eye out.

Comment

Working...
                              X