Jazz'R on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jazz\'R on the way

OK....That's it!...I want to see a group shot when this thing comes in. You pick up a USA Jackson every month or so, and truth be told....I'm getting a little jealous. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Where's the plate covers? How would you change any electronics or work on them? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You have to go laproscopic and do all the work with a microscope and very small needle nose tools through the ferrels on the back!
        Haha...really have no idea bro!

Comment

Check out the KA-RAZY case interior! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I hate to sound simple and all but DAMN! Nice Axe!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
              OK....That's it!...I want to see a group shot when this thing comes in.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got it man but it'll be smaller than the group shot of stuff that's gone out the door lately. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

How much did you give for it? If you don't mind me asking.
                I like to play the blues and some jazz type fusions from time to time and I think this would be perfect.How thin is that neck?.Thinner than my sl2h?

Comment

Blimey, that's NICE NICE NICE!!

Comment

Wow, I thought I was one of the few closet people that were interested in the Jazz'R too! I'm glad to see someone here finally got one! Can't wait to hear how you like it! The one you bought is by far the best I've seen. Thanks for posting the pics!

Comment

Nope, I don't mind your asking about the price at all - this one is the reason I was over here a couple of weeks ago asking about a fair price for a used Jazz'R. I gave $1300 for it and it's allegedly in "unplayed" condition so I think I got a pretty fair, if not exceptional, deal.

I don't know what the neck specs actually are but Jackson says the neck on a Jazz'R is "3rd Fret: .910”, 12th Fret: .950”" and on an SL2H is "3rd Fret: .790”, 12th Fret: .850”". I'm betting that the slightly thicker than Jackson standard neck & 25" scale will feel a lot like my PRS (which I love).

The only odd thing is that the current owner swears that the body must be chambered because the guitar is ultra light but Jackson doesn't say anything about that on their site. I wonder if the spruce body (strange choice for a solidbody electric) is just so light that it's fooling him?

BTW - Does anyone know which finish that is? Amber lagerburst maybe?

[ March 17, 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] WOW good price. Wasn't MSRP 28 to 3,200.00 on those? The neck sounds perfect to me to [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                        I don't remember if they are chambered or not it sounds familiar but my memory fails me.
                        I have an old Yamaha acoustic that has a spruce top w/mahogany back and sides and that top is very resonant.Maybe thats why they went with spruce.

[ March 17, 2004, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: OUTLANDER ]

Comment

Working...
                        X