\/\/\/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: \\/\\/\\/

that's a cool score, I'm curious how much does this thing weigh?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Nice.

Comment

That's four "point protectors" you need to buy !
        "POOP"

Comment

Wow, that's freakin cool lookin. What kills me is that's one of the nicest pieces of rosewood I've seen on a guitar. Most of em have dark ugly streaks, but that one is beautiful. Congrats dude [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]NICE! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

EJ

Comment

Upon further review (without the 6 beers preceding said review): the toggle is an active circuit that was added at some point & the strap buttons probably aren't original but otherwise it looks pretty good.

To answer a few questions: The S/N in the auction was correct except that the seller's girlfriend (who did the auction) misread the initial "J" as a "4". The S/N on the board is unmodified & verified by the hang tag. It was made in the fall of '89 so it's got to be close to last of the original 28. The seller sold it to buy a new Steve Stevens sig. guitar.

I'm on the fence about whether this one is a refin or not. I don't see any signs of other colors in the chips (aside from the mismatched model paint some tool used to touch it up) but the headstock logo is hand-painted in silver sparkle to match the small wings and, in addition to being fairly small, is not the cleanest hand-painted logo I've ever seen. But the paint is definitely period correct, it's the same thin urethane as Big Red, is very obviously not a rattle-can job, and the detail around the neck joint is too clean to be anything but factory or GMW so I'm leaning towards original.

The guitar is fairly light, not really much different than my '85 RR. Plays OK as-is but it's set up the way I'd set a guitar up for slide playing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The case is relic'd like one of Tracy's Fenders. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If someone told me that Vinnie toured with that case for years I wouldn't be surprised. There's tape holding the hinges together.

More pics later today if I get a chance to shoot them.

Tom - Thanks again for the offer to help out on this one! Many beers on me next time you're in the Bay Area or I make it to your neck of the woods. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Kick Ass Guitar!

Comment

A few more pics including a couple of shots showing the least recessed recessed trem I've ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I never thought I'd use the words "badass" and "Vinnie Vincent" in the same sentence but this Vinnie Vincen V on seriously badass guitar. Much cooler in person than in pics.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Way cool, post pics of the hand painted logo pls!!

Comment

Here's a bigger pic of the logo:

I tried a couple of flash shots indoors to see if the sparkle paint in the logo would show up but they didn't turn out.

Comment

WOW, nice! You can faintly make out the flake in the logo paint. Looks sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ah, so THAT'S where that one went, COOL! I like how the silver paint looks where it joins on that bottom wing.
                          Ah, that rosewood, though...any plans for ebonization? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm starting to like it a little more than before... just a little. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's an EMG 89 in there, too. I assume the switch is to "tap" it into single coil SA mode?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ebonization was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw the original pics. Somehow I don't think I'll be undertaking that on this one though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The coil tap is actually accomplished via a push/pull pot. The switch is some sort of active circuit but I'll have to pull it for closer inspection before I can identify it.

Comment

Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X