RR LTD #60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR LTD #60

wow that's cool with the yelloeing. I bet the original is just the same. I was watching that Japanese Randy Rhoads tribute show and it had the original polka dot on there. It is lacquer checked beyond belief.

Comment

That's an awsome story. Too bad for the dude [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], but kickass guitar. I hope to own one of em one day...By the time I'll actually have the $ for one they'll be worth 5X they are now though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Great guitar though, congrats!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I have to ask, was the guitar hers or his?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was his...but he is now in prison serving a 170 year sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means he'll be out in 6 months and will be pissed that the b*tch sold his guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

actually. the first batch of guitars that were sprayed yellowed very very early on (like, still in the factory). it was discovered while the run was going on, and many of them were resprayed. so if you've got a yellowed one, that's an even smaller needle in the 200 piece haystack! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]
          About 6-7 years ago I had an early LTD w/ a factory refin number in the trem. cavity. The seller was the original owner and said it was all original. I spoke with Tim Wilson, he was able to look it up and verify it was refinished even before it was sold by the dealer. They found that the clearcoat reacted w/ titanium dioxide in the white paint causing it to yellow pretty much immediately. A good number of these made their way to dealers like this. Some were sold and some were sent back for a free refin. He also shared that they had a hard time w/ white guitars, they often got dirt or dust in the finish and had to repaint them several times (which I found suprising). Some people dig these yellow LTD's and others hate them.

Fender had the same clearcoat yellowing problem with their Strats in the early / mid 70's. The classic Malmsteen "creme" Strats are Olympic white. If you look at a worn one from this era you can see the color is pure white and only the clearcoat is yellowed.

Comment

Working...
          X