• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR LTD #60

Awesome score, it looks great!

Comment

Seriously, if she sold you his guitar, and she was not the rightful owner, all he has to do is list it as stolen by his ex-wife during their divorce and you lose the guitar and have to get your money back from her. Community Property or not, if she bought it for him as a gift of any sort, it's his from tip to tip. If he bought it within their combined (communal) budget, it's half his.
      If he owned it prior to their marriage, it's at least half his. If Iowa observes Community Property, it's half his. If Iowa does not observe CP, it's his 100% and considered stolen.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Seriously, if she sold you his guitar, and she was not the rightful owner, all he has to do is list it as stolen by his ex-wife during their divorce and you lose the guitar and have to get your money back from her. Community Property or not, if she bought it for him as a gift of any sort, it's his from tip to tip. If he bought it within their combined (communal) budget, it's half his.
        If he owned it prior to their marriage, it's at least half his. If Iowa observes Community Property, it's half his. If Iowa does not observe CP, it's his 100% and considered stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Awesome score [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If he was married it was hers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too True....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have to ask, was the guitar hers or his?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was his...but he is now in prison serving a 170 year sentence.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did consider this issue, and the truth is I don't really know their situation. But as I mentioned previously he is in jail for life basically.

She said the money from the guitar was going to him for legal fees - but for all I know she went shopping. I did have her sign a standard bill of sale receipt.

Comment

Great score! Enjoy.

Comment

Well then, if he's in jail for 170 years, I'd guess it really doesn't matter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Gongrats! Great score! The finish looks to have yellowed a bit or is it just the pic? Looks more vintage than other LTDs out there and I think it's cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has yellowed quite a bit. I've never seen a new one though, so I just assumed the "yellowing" was intentional to make it look authentic like Randy's.

Comment

New score, congrats
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Gongrats! Great score! The finish looks to have yellowed a bit or is it just the pic? Looks more vintage than other LTDs out there and I think it's cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has yellowed quite a bit. I've never seen a new one though, so I just assumed the "yellowing" was intentional to make it look authentic like Randy's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually. the first batch of guitars that were sprayed yellowed very very early on (like, still in the factory). it was discovered while the run was going on, and many of them were resprayed. so if you've got a yellowed one, that's an even smaller needle in the 200 piece haystack! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Shawn, that one is sweet! Mine is very yellow compared to that one. Not sure if that's good or bad, but either way I'm still in love with #60. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Shawn, that one is sweet! Mine is very yellow compared to that one. Not sure if that's good or bad, but either way I'm still in love with #60. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, yours is sweet. Mine is just whiter because it is one of the 97 Namm LTD's, not the 92.

Yours is WAY sweet.

Shawn
                                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X