what is '97 black KV-1 made of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is \'97 black KV-1 made of?

I find poplar to be better for some applications. I find it brighter, but a little murkier in the low end.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
      Yup..hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hay, nice avatar there... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't resist [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Niether could Mr. Jackson apparently...
        hehe

Comment

I had to remove Mr. Jackson - he wasn't getting a "warm" reception here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats too bad, he sure gave me a warm reception...
            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I`ve just taken out the pickups of my stock early `98 KV-1 which has a TB-5 in the Bridge Position and a JBL? (is that a Jazz Model?) in the Neck Position. The body is obviously Maple sandwiched by two pieces of Alder for the Wings. The only changes that I have done is re-wiring the Pickups as the Hot Output wire from both Pickups was soldered to the middle tag on the Volume Pots which caused excessive humming and the Volume would not turncompletely off. This modification I also had to do on one of my Customers Y2KV who had the same problem.

Comment

The JBL pickup is a JB or SH-4 model. Many makers have been known to put this bridge pickup into the neck position for unique tones. The "L" is the initial of who wound the pickup in the Duncan factory.

Jacksonwolf, you mentioned the body on your KV is maple sandwiched by alder. That's not the design of a neck through Jackson guitar. The maple neck runs to the end of the trem, and glued to the sides are the alder body wings. Is that what you meant? Multiple wood bodies are common, as are necks, but the Jackson build method is maple neck with alder sides.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah Charvel 750, That`s what I meant. I was in a bit of a rush when I posted!!!!! Thanks for pointing it out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                    The JBL pickup is a JB or SH-4 model. Many makers have been known to put this bridge pickup into the neck position for unique tones. The "L" is the initial of who wound the pickup in the Duncan factory.

Jacksonwolf, you mentioned the body on your KV is maple sandwiched by alder. That's not the design of a neck through Jackson guitar. The maple neck runs to the end of the trem, and glued to the sides are the alder body wings. Is that what you meant? Multiple wood bodies are common, as are necks, but the Jackson build method is maple neck with alder sides.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES !! It was a JB (JBL). I even had to ask about it here. Funny how I forgot [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

so what is u talking?!

I did look under my F-SPACED PU and...it's a JB!
                      One of u guys said if the pu is F-Spaced it is definitly a TB5.

so far [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by der_kopf:
                        so what is u talking?!

I did look under my F-SPACED PU and...it's a JB!
                        One of u guys said if the pu is F-Spaced it is definitly a TB5.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 of us who had the same guitar said that. We BOTH removed a TB5 from the bridge.
                        [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><---- [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I hope this means something different in German..... [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

OH HELL!! Here we go [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Is it a Custom Jxxxx, or a USA Select Uxxxxx serial numbered guitar?

If it's a Jsxxx, the body could be made of anything.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                              OH HELL!! Here we go [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not a confrontational person by any means, but I'm also not going to let someone talk that kind of shit about a response HE REQUESTED ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then again, "bullshit" in German could mean "thank you"////// [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What!

The KV1 did come stock with TB-5, so they are right. Only way it's a TB-4 is if someone along the road changed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X