Terror Twins...pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Terror Twins...pictures

I have a "few" PC1's. And I have never gone to NAMM and not come home with a guitar. Last year was the Roswell, we will see what I can find this year. Any of you gonna be there?

As far as sound, every PC1 sounds different. You can take 2 pieces of mahogany from the same tree and 2 pieces of quilt, make 2 identical guitars, and they will sound different

Phil had a Lacewood PC1 made right after he saw mine, and it sounds a lot different, even though the woods the same). The solid body guitar seem to sound more chunky, in come cases.

Also, I have 2 KOA PC1's, both are from the EXACT tree, one is a KOA top, the other is a KOA body. And if I went with the same theory as the Lacewood, where the solid body sounded chunkier then a mahogany body with a quilt top, the KOA solid body would sound better. But no, the KOA top sounded so good that when Phil checked it out, he played it on stage for a few songs. When he saw the KOA body, he said it didnt have as much punch to it, and back in the case it went. I only play thru a Peavey 12" combo amp, thru some effects I got from Phil from the 92 tour, and cant really hear a difference. But when Phil plugged my guitars into the Randall stacks on stage, I thought it was a totally different guitar, and had to change my pants.

When Phil was playing at NAMM 03, he took questions, and no one really had any, so I played dumb and asked what the sustainer does and what are those little switches. No one knew who I was or if I knew better. He said the guitar basically sustains by its self, but then showed how the sustainer works. I have one of Phils 1997 PC1's and the thing sustains just fine without the sustainer, unless im gonna play something like the intro to "White Lightning". Other then that, never used the sustainer.

As far as a rare PC1, the KOA's are hard to find. Or a solid body Ash PC1 or a NAMM used guitar, like the 1 I just sold. It was a Rootbeer from a NAMM show, signed by Phil. Other then that, im not selling any others. If you are going to buy a PC1, I suggest trying one on first. People have told me the necks are to big, dont like not having inlays etc. Email me sometime Tim....

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Brooks, it must be sooo cool to talk to Phil (as it seems like it is a regular basis). I have only met him once and I froze so I never asked him any questions, which is why I ask you them! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (BTW Brooks, I am Kevin on your forum). Anyways, looking at your NAMM pictures, where did that Green PC1 with the quilted board go, that thing is nice!? If I read it the right way, you said you don't use your sustainer!? I am the complete opposite! It gives such an originality to your style in my opinion because not many people have them.

How many teenagers actually make it into NAMM? I thought it was only for guitar store employees! I would love to be there. Brooks will you take pictures of the PC1s please!???

Comment

The green PC1 from NAMM last year is "Kermit", Phils guitar. He brought that one, and "Twin-V" to demo on. Gotta love the names.

Im gonna name guitars "Visa", "Mastercard" and "Discover" and "Cant even pay the minimum payment".

And yes, I usually take a bunch of NAMM pics the first day, and sometimes get them posted that night, so check out my site that weekend. Last year I bumped into a lot of the guys from the forum that took a bunch of pics too....

Over and out.
        B

Comment

Here is a cool pic I took a few years back:

I need to make 1 huge PC1 archive, if I ever get a chance to sit down and do it.

Brooks

Comment

I think a custom PC1 page would be awesome, so everyone can see all the rare ones out there...

Comment

Working...
            X