• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom XTRR arrived!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice XTRR! *dribble*
    [off topic] Toru, your inbox is full, RR2 to arrive by Tuesday [/off topic]

[/ QUOTE ]

JG, I just deletd some PMs so it should be working now.
    Sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Easton's problems?
    Please check the feedback section for what some poeple had to say sir.

Comment

Very nice guitar indeed. Congrats! I was also talking to Kevin before he posted the pictures but the stop tail kept me back. There were some differences between how he described it and the pictures. I'm glad someone here got it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet!! Is that a Screamin' Demon and Little Screamin' Demon?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I originally ordered a Charvel retro Star from Kevin a year ago. I paid the deposit and never received the guitar. It turned out that Kevin had never even ordered it. A couple of months ago I changed my order to a custom idea (Holmes black rhoads). Kevin promised to forward it to Jackson but never did. I also tried ordering some parts from him with the deposit that I had paid and I never received anything. Then when Ian told me this guitar was available I called Kevin and made a deal. First he tried to take over 200usd more from my credit card than agreed, but luckily the transaction failed for other reasons. He also estimated the shipping at 400USD! Once the payment was done I had to call him four days in a row before I finally got a tracking number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would anyone deal with this joker again? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] These Easton horror stories are too many to be just coincidence. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i keep coming back to your site, Jani...i remember seeing this guitar up[ on Easton's site, you're right, it was supposed to be a full shread at the neck at the time then...

but this axe is killer, i forgot how sweet this thing is...

sorry about your dealing with Easton, I'm very glad it worked out bro!

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would anyone deal with this joker again? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] These Easton horror stories are too many to be just coincidence. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding.....

Comment

I loved this idea so much, I had my work order revised so there isn't a truss cover either. This looks amazing, IMO, much better than covering it with a cheesy piece of cheap plastic:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks xenophobe! Chris Holmes really had some great ideas. He also had the smallest possible electronics cavities on his guitars which I think is cool.
                  BTW I updated the pics of my White KV too. I finally got a JT6 for it and now she is back to original. Check it out:
                  http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/guita...3865/index.htm
                  My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Jani, how come you removed the locking nut?
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ian - I don't like them and don't need them cause the guitar stays in tune. I removed the locking nut from J0506 also which has a Kahler. Funnily on J0506 I could just put a regular truss rod cover on it but on J3865 the top screw hole position didn't match. I don't know if that's the case with all truss rods covers under JT6 locking nuts?

Comment

Short scale XTRR, [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I added the Easton story and some pics:
                          http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/guita...2916/index.htm

Comment

My first reaction to not having a truss rod cover was that I didn't like it at all. Having looked at this thread several more times though, I like the look of not having one alot. That's such a nice guitar.

Comment

I think the matching head color helped for looking good without a truss rod cover.
                              If the headstock color was Black , it will look cheap without truss rod cover IMO.

Comment

IMO, if the truss rod opening was finished/painted as nicely on all guitars as it appears to be on this one, I think it would look good regardless of the color of the headstock.

Comment

Working...
                                X