Custom XTRR arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom XTRR arrived!!!

Very nice,congrats Jani!!I'll always like your Holmes zebra/lion better but that is just beautiful!!

Comment

*shakes head profusely* that guitar is unfreakin' real bro...Beautiful score!

Comment

Congrats. That looks awesome. I love the stop tail.

Comment

So, the mixed chrome and black hardware is a(n) "homage" to the Holmes guitar?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

a lot to like about that one! Congrats, Jani [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Basically the whole guitar is based on my custom order quote that I gave Kevin a year ago. Kevin obviously liked it and stole almost all of my specs.
              Some details that can't be a coincidence:
              - no truss rod cover
              - chrome bridge and stop tail, rest of the hardware black
              - cream bindings
              - matching headstock
              - ash body
              - shorter scale (Les Paul)
              Basically the only things that are different from my quote are the color and Iron crosses instead of Iommis.

What is also funny about this deal is that I originally ordered a Charvel retro Star from Kevin a year ago. I paid the deposit and never received the guitar. It turned out that Kevin had never even ordered it. A couple of months ago I changed my order to a custom idea (Holmes black rhoads). Kevin promised to forward it to Jackson but never did. I also tried ordering some parts from him with the deposit that I had paid and I never received anything. Then when Ian told me this guitar was available I called Kevin and made a deal. First he tried to take over 200usd more from my credit card than agreed, but luckily the transaction failed for other reasons. He also estimated the shipping at 400USD! Once the payment was done I had to call him four days in a row before I finally got a tracking number.

I'm very happy that I finally got something for the money that had been sitting on Eastons account.
              The guitar plays great and is a lot like my Holmes zebra rhoads which was the idea behing my original quote.

Does anyone remember when this guitar was on Easton's site a couple of months ago? I recall that the other pickup was full shred back then?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The guitar doensn't look used and all the case candy stuff was unopened.

Thanks for all the comments! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Jani,
                Don't quote me, but as far as I can remember that's the same neck pickup, but I guess a quick check of the solder joints should at least confirm if they've been resoldered....
                Cheers
                Ian
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Day-yum!
                  Both of those are KILLER!

Comment

CONGRATS JANI!!! Another COOL Jackson ended to Finland [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is my quote form that Easton send to Jackson and scanned for me at the same time. Now that I looked at it again I noticed that it has the iron crosses. I'm glad the order never went through cause I made it clear that I wanted Iommis. So the color was the only thing changed by Kevin for his order.
                      Blame Kevin for the poor picture quality. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Awesome guitar [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Glad you finally got something for your money.

Comment

Sounds like you deserve that guitar...it was a great price...pretty much your specs...he dragged you around way too much....what BS! Glad to hear you finally got something for your cash that he's been sitting on.....he's a douche!
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

Jani, it looks like it was worse than I imagined.
                            Now I am really glad you got your guitar.
                            Promising so many things and Easton didn't do anything?
                            That sukks.
                            I knew you were excited about the Black Rhoads you were trying to place intead of the Retro Star when you found out Easton didn't even order it.

Congrats to you again Jani, you deserve the guitar for that great price after all these craps Easton gave you!

Comment

Nice XTRR! *dribble*
                              [off topic] Toru, your inbox is full, RR2 to arrive by Tuesday [/off topic]

Comment

What's Kevin's problem? I thought he was supposed to be a good guy to deal with? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Sorry for your troubles, man.
                                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X