Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you select your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first USA Jackson is in its way. It arrives in november. But I had choose Soloist because of the strat body is more comfortable. I like 24 frets too. But i like Kelly body and rhoads too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mocha PC-1 View Post
      My USA was bought as a level up after a gift given to me on my birthday from a bandmate. I dont know what model it is, but it gave me the 80's sound I needed at the time.

I don´t see anything USA on that guitar, it´s an older DK-2, before the upgrade to the PING trem and real Duncans...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
        I don´t see anything USA on that guitar, it´s an older DK-2, before the upgrade to the PING trem and real Duncans...
        Way to burst his bubble, bro.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mocha PC-1 View Post
          My USA was bought as a level up after a gift given to me on my birthday from a bandmate. I dont know what model it is, but it gave me the 80's sound I needed at the time.
          DK2

Made In Japan

Er, your bandmate owed you some $$, and said "Here, it's a USA Jackson, we're even" when he handed this to you ?

"Ruh roh"
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Mine was easy, I bought it from Cannella my Jackson Rep in 92 or so..

Blood drip, maple neck bolt on usa badass fothermucker that my cat killed by knocking it off teh stand while I was at work.

I had a Jackson Performer and a Charvette before it.. :think:
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

• i had been playing ESP guitars, and while i loved them, i liked the PC-1 better. so, i traded one of my custom ESP MII's for a brand new PC-1 at a local dealer. then slowly but surely i sold off the ESP's and replaced them with jackson's. i still have a few non-jackson guitars, but i have been representing the brand on stage exclusively since 1999.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• As Jackson's title goes.... "the original hi performance metal guitar" It's really true. Jackson WAS(is) THE metal guitar through the 80's and some 90's. Jackson and ESP have and still are the two builders that build good rock guitars, really above everyone else.

My personal jump to Jackson was with my KE1. I have always owned Gibson Explorers and that is MY body styling of choice.

One day at my local guitar center, there was a mint KE1 hanging on the wall. I (shamelessly) didn't actually know what the guitar was really (being Marty's sig model and the rarity) and fell in love with the finish, 24frets, and a floyd. I bought it that day and later actually learned what I had bought.

My Gibson explorer feels like a plank of wood compared to my Kellys.
                Jackson USA guitars
                BC Rich guitars

Diezel Herbert
                Diezel VH4
                Framus Cobra
                VHT UL
                Mesa Rectifiers rev C, F, triple F
                Mesa MK3
                Bogner rev 2 Uber

Comment

• See Post #4

EJ

Comment

• Why not keep this thread going, I say!

I"ve always been a Gibson player. Started with an SG as a teenager in the mid 80's , then soon to a LP Studio, which played beautifully. By 21 I'd sold everything and stopped playing entirely.

15 years later I decided to get back into it, and being shocked by the prices of Gibsons nowadays I settled for an Epiphone LP Custom. After a year of it I realized my playing was better than I'd expected it to be, and I quickly came to recognize the limitations and deficiencies of the Epiphone.

I wanted to get away from the muddy sound of the LP and into something that offered a really bright high end, as well as a tremolo (which was new to me), and a few other considerations. In the end, it turned out that the characteristics I was hoping to find in a guitar had already been been identified, applied to an instrument, and immortalized by my favorite guitarist. LOL- strangely enough, I didn't know the RR guitar actually had any connection to Randy prior to me doing the research. Learning the history of the model settled the deal, though I'd never played a Rhoads or even seen one in person. It was a gamble.

Best guitar I've ever played, hands down. Craftsmanship is awesome, playablity even better. Only persistent issue I've had is a tempermental connection in the pickup toggle switch somewhere, but that is an easy fix and a non-issue for me.

But back to the reason I bought and love my first USA Jackson (2008 RR1). I bought it because I appreciated what it was designed for, who it was designed by, and also the numerous musicians I identify with who have used this most brilliant piece of equipment over the years.
                    Last edited by Anatar; 01-14-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anatar View Post
                      Only persistent issue I've had is a tempermental connection in the pickup toggle switch somewhere, but that is an easy fix and a non-issue for me.
                      Try something like this...

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/801bp.html

.. on the switch contacts. it will clean them and leave behind a protective lubricant at the same time. You can go with the aerosol equivalent if you'd rather spray it than run the pen in the small space.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• SL1t

Because it has a singe-coil in the neck, fixed bridge and 24 frets

Comment

• I suppose my reason was simple both the SL2HT I played, and the SL2H I own really have top notch quality and sound, well considering the JB the sound pretty good..

The metal backplates, pearl inlaid logo and the great feel, and German floyd added to the greatness of it...

Japan Jacksons arent shabby but the USA's are something else...

Comment

• I've already chosen my third USA Jackson
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Randy, the one and only.
                              Ratt & Roll

Comment

• For me it was this video that really sold me:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1joMGvXRlw
                                I already wanted an rr1 but that color sealed the deal and I went down and ordered that exact guitar the next day!

Comment

Working...
                                X