Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you select your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What made you select your first USA Jackson?

With so many great models, what made you select your first USA series Jackson? is it cosmetic/aesthetic purposes? pickups? Floyd Rose? something else?

i mean why pick the Dinky over the Kelly? or the King V over the Rhoads? the Soloist over the Warrior? get my drift?

Re: What made you select your first USA Jackson?

My favourite body style is the Strat. The Strat is the original C/J guitar, and was the main C/J model when I was falling in love with C/J. In the years when the Strat was one of the main C/J models, C/J built to order only. The C/J Strat has never been built as production models. As long as they don't offer a USA Select Strat, I go custom shop only.
    I also own a USA Dinky, but I love the body style not as much as the full size Strat.

Comment

My first USA Jackson was a DR2 Dinky Reverse. It has the Cobalt Blue Satin finish over ash, which is very cool, plus an oiled neck and a blank ebony fretboard. I had to have it, but didn't have the cash at the time. My girlfriend ended up going 50/50 with me on it as a birthday present.
      sigpic

Comment

What made me select a USA Jackson? Easy.... Randy Rhoads.

Comment

I always loved V's and Explorers. My first was a RR Custom, my 2nd was a KE2. It's been a fun time collecting since then.(though my collection is humbled by alot of larger collections in this forum) [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Great question!

My personal favourite guitar of all time is the BC Rich Ironbird, thanks in no small part to the Michael Angelo "Star Licks" guitar instructional video from '87. When I set out for a new honey some years ago, I wanted an Ironbird in the worst way ... but BC Rich had totally flaked out in the '90s and I was, frankly, scared as all getup to buy from them.

Enter Jackson: The last great American shred-guitar company. I was set on the King V model, which I still adore, and started saving. Then ... after a little Jackson research, I saw the most beautiful thing in the world ... the '90s Japanese Jackson Professional Warrior. Outrageous body shape. Uselessly slanted fingerboard and neck single-coil. Always seen in Screamin' Meemie Yellow. It was beautiful. I had tears in my eyes.

Soon the Warrior was part of the USA Select lineup and I knew I had to have it ... and lo and behold ... it's the only neck-through USA Select to come with an oiled neck (just the way I like them). It was like a sign.

--jr
            「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

It's pretty funny actually. My firstJackson was a birthday present from my mother, it was a PS4 and I loved it. Then the local Guitar Center was having a sale and I went in and found this Carvin DC that was used I really loved so I went to the bank and got the money (I was a kid with no credit cards at the time) but when I got back the guitar was sold even though I begged them to hold it for me.

Money in hand though I walked around the store and found a black soloist for a good price, it was also used. So that's how I got my first USA Jackson, I wanted a Carvin but ended up with a Jackson. Now I'm obsessed with both brands.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I don't own a USA Jackson yet. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The only USA Jacksons I've played have been a few Warriors (and one was the Custom Shop Death Warrior that Ken got a few months back). I'll eventually own a USA Jackson; probably a SL2H or SL1, maybe Rhoads or a Warrior.
                All the J/Cs I've owned have been Japanese (Professional series)... a Kelly (Standard?), Kelly XLR, two Dinky Reverses and two Dinky HX models (string-thru TOM bridges), a Charvel Model 6 and Model 5A. As of now, I've got one Dinky Reverse, both Dinky HX and the Model 5A. The only USA guitars I own are a Hamer Special FM, Fender Double Fat Strat Hardtail, a Carvin SC90 and Carvin DC400.

[ October 02, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i always wanted a jackson & had bought a model6 charvel new in 87. 2 years ago i was looking at SL1's & 2's & i played a whole lot of em. i finally walked into a local place that carries used stuff mostly vintage fender , gibby type stuff & he had 2 SD jackson soloists, both were dead mint, both red w/ black hardware & all original, one kahler one OFR. well i bought it on the spot my soloist search was over. now the search is on for a SD string thru RR hopefully a custom.

Comment

See Greg Crowe's post. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

See Racer X's post. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

welllllllllll i was going to buy a japanese neck thru new for 800. and im sure that would have made me happy. but then a friend told me about a shop going under, and said stuff was going real cheap. i popped in and spied an all black SL2H ....i dont mind tellin ya ive never held a guitar like it...it was religous [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] anywayyy i got it for the same 800 with a case and i must say i havnt had that regret ya sometimes get about spending money. i just smile and play [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

My first and only USA Jackson was a KE2. I chosed it because I've always been a big fan of Marty Friedman and I love explorer shaped guitars

Comment

Expendable cash + hanging out here with Jackson fanatics = buy a USA Jackson [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, growing up in the 80's I was there on Day 1 for MTV, and through the next few years I saw Jackson guitars more than anything else being used by my favorite bands, but of course could never have afforded one.
                            Fast forward almost 20 years and I got my first USA Jackson in 2000 - a 1990 Coral Sea Soloist. The price mostly influenced my decision to buy that specific one, but I soon set about in search of specific models, and I've been blessed enough to find a lot of them (and stupid enough to actually get rid of some great ones [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wanted a neck thru with a floyd and EMG's in 1985 Jackson was the only maker who offered them. Every guitar was a custom shop and made to order guitar. I got lucky I waited 6 mth.and got the best and favorite guitar I've ever owned. Nothing was close in sound or feel .

Comment

Working...
                              X