Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you select your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What made you select your first USA Jackson?

It was $250... and Custom Shop. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A gun to my head..

Actually....

Pride, something to brag about, owning an instrument that has so many ties to my fave era in music.

No regrets. I wish Guitars were cheaper so I could collect more. But yeah, thats why I enjoy it as well, a quality piece of gear to be proud of.

Comment

Dave Mustaine introduced me to Jackson guitars when I was 17 years old...
        ... to bad that Jackson guitars in my country were too expensive for a teeneager...
        anyways I started dreaming pointy headstock every night for many years to come when finally I bought a DR3 (that I sold 1 year later)and my beloved USA Soloist. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My choice of a first USA Jackson was a simple one: it was a used red SD Soloist hanging on the wall at Portland (Oregon) Music in late 1989, and I played it and had to take it home that day, even though it took every cent I had at the moment.

I had long admired Jacksons from afar, but they were way the hell out of my limited price range. This Soloist was honestly the first used Jackson I ever saw, and the first one, new or used, that I ever played. One local retailer did carry Charvel/Jackson, but you didn't see a lot them around--at least not the USAs, the Model Charvels were pretty common. They were so rare and exotic seeming that it felt like I was really a 'big shot' for owning one, even though I had previous owned several very expensive Gibsons.

[ October 28, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: pro-fusion ]

Comment

I got a bit lucky. Back when Suffersystem still existed and we had just cut our first "good" EP, I owned a Music shop.

I was quite literally approached by Werner from Zitrone Musik (German distributor at the time, also AKAI owned IIRC), they somehow got hold of a copy and found out about PRO Music Center.

The next thing I knew (3 months later), I had a brand new Custom Shop Dinky Reverse (wasn´t theresupposed to be like a minimum 6 month wait? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) that I paid about 600$ for, an endorsement deal (I would assume that this wasn´t "just the Distributor" knowing, but Jackson USA as well. But I´ve heard of Distributers "offering endorsements" without the Manufacturer knowing over here), and my shop had 17 Jacksons, JS -> USA on the walls that we got a nice, cushy Payment deal on (6 months for the total Balance with installments payable at our leisure)

Suffersystem disbanded about a Year later after a midsize Tour during which we played about 70 gigs in about 3 months or so, larger clubs. Lost the endorsement, but I still have and love the axe. The one that was in my Avatar till a few days ago, btw. Looks almost exactly like a JS-1, the difference is in the details. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, anyone have a USA plate for her? I somehow managed to lose the Ontario plate in one of multiple relocations since ´99 (It broke after an "accident" onstage that also tore out the upper strap button clean and chipped the headstock, also destroying the Low-E tuner in the progress. axe currently has a black "blank" plate). Built late ´96 if that helps, matters, I think the serial was 8067 or something around those lines... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

But either way, since then I´ve been hooked. But that Axe is still the best sounding and playing axe I´ve ever owned. And the heavy use shows, she´s beat to hell [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Easy, Randy Rhoads & Robbin Crosby.
              All hail the 'King'
              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Randy and believe it or not Stryper!

Comment

In early 2000 I wanted to revisit having a FLoyd. I grew up with MTV and Headbangers ball. I was searching for something like my '89 Ibenhad 560 (gone.) Unfortunatly nothing that they make left handed has that vibe anymore. Then another fellow lefty out there recomended that I take a look at the DrumCityGuitarLand website and there they had a beautiful Trans Green SL1. I never thought in my life that I would own a Jackson. Not becuase I didn't think that they were cool but growing up back in the day I couldn't afford one and I also wasn't aware that they made them left handed. There ya go [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i cant afford a USA jackson [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I want a USA randy rhoads guitar with a floyd, and also a Charvel strat with a floyd

Comment

RANDY! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] first and foremost.i was hooked, nothing cooler ! Then the rest of the 80's and all my fav. players in all my fav. bands.my first Jackson was some sort of strat type body with a Jackson neck from a guy in school, (i couldn't even afford a whole Jackson [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] )and my second 10 years later, was import dinky rev.,I have them for years then one day about 7 yrs. ago,one of my wife's, daughter's little punk friends, his step dad and one other guy decide to break into my home and take my beloved Jacksons and my Ibanez PGM.they change hands 10 freakin time for everything from dope to fucking game chickens! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] At this time I've got a good idea who might have done it, so i approach the punks white trash mom and drop a comment that if my guitars don't show the fuck up soon, it will be a bad day for all involved and embarrassing for me when i have to call my FAMILY in Chicago and they have to make a trip down here and have to give a tutorial in how this sort of thing gets dealt with back home. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] so i stay on the investigators ass every day and low and behold 2 days later out of the fucking blue...............they find my axes........seems a woman called the sheriff's office to turn her son and husband in for a small theft ring they got going cause....... she's scared.....and afraid that things are gonna go to far and get out of hand and someone was gonna get hurt or worse [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] .......so they arrest them ALL.... and i get my guitars back..... but back to the question of what my first USA Jackson was and why.......about 5 or 6 days before this whole ordeal takes place i apply for a Musicians Friend card. The girl on the phone was nice and took my info, but had a tone in her voice like pffffffffffttt, ya right( we had allot of bills then) so i thought ...oh well and forgot about it, then on BLACK FUCKING MONDAY when i got home from work and my wife comes out to the car and hugs me with tears in her eyes and says"please don't freak out( I'm kind of an intense guy naturally),,,but some one broke in and your guitars were stolen today. so i naturally freak the fuck out for an hour or 4, when i finally kinda calmed down she says very lovingly to me" I know this don't help and won't take the place of ...OLD BLUE..(thats what i called my trusty old friend and fav. dinky rev.) but your Musicians friend card came today, maybe You could buy a brand new one to help you start over" So i looked at it then i said to her"i love you baby, and hmmm,ain't this some shit? is it just me or can you also see the fucking absolute irony in this? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] so i go into my jam room ,with my empty guitar stands, get on my computer , go to their website thinking "RHOADS... finaly" and came upon a black KE-2..(which i did a little customizing on last night, and I'll post a thread and some pics later).. and got it.......why?...cause it looked like something i could use to chop off the head of the sorry piece of shit who stole my guitars! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .....sorry for rambling , but you asked what and why [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      MOSH ON
                      DAVE
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I have no US Jackson yet, but I like the Soloist with non-recessed OFR (Shannon Soloist?), or maybe a Custom Dinky with bolt on birdseye maple neck and fretboard and lightening graphic and Dimarzios. But I have some nice Hamer shredders, and a nice Charvel 750XL too.

Comment

Randy, I always wanted a Flying V. I bought an RR5 3 years ago and got back into playing. I now have 3 Jacksons and won't look back.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

When I was about 13 yrs old the NO More Tears album came out, and I was hooked on rock.
                            Then I bought Blizzard, and learned of RR.
                            Then I bought Countdown to Extinction and learned of Mustaine and Friedman.
                            Then I bought a PS4 and hated it. (about 1994 now.)
                            Then I played several other mid level guitars until 2000. I picked up a Jackson catalog and found exactly what I was looking for.
                            SL2H.
                            I took out a loan, and bought it new, Amberburst SL2H.
                            High quality,
                            Made in USA,
                            PERFECT.

nandrew

Comment

Basically hanging around the JCF made me want to make the jump from mid-90s Professional to USA Jacksons.

I would have settled for just about any USA Jackson, so when I saw that Alaskan dude shill his blue ghost flames Shannon Soloist on Ebay, I knew I had to have one. So then I bought one, except it's black and it's my main player and second-best sounding guitar right now.

And here she is! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought a Rhoads Pro because I loved the design, Randy, and I wanted a real metal axe. It was awesome and I wanted to kick it up a notch after I worked 10 hrs a day last summer so I scoured Ebay for a cheap USA Jackson or Charvel. I eventually was able to get Stephen's '87 Jackson Strat for $650. Best guitar I've ever played. I'm currently searching for another one similar for around the same price.

Comment

Working...
                                X