No announcement yet.

how can i protect RR1's fragile edges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i protect RR1's fragile edges?

Hi I'm Dave from israel

Im going to buy a jackson USA RR1
    I was thinking of how to protect those fragile edges
    so i want to ut something on them
    i need something that whould not scratch or damgae the finish, and will protect it as well from banging into stuff
    any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks Dave [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: how can i protect RR1\'s fragile edges?

<font color="yellow">LPC runs to the patent office quickly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And you guys laughed at my tip-protector idea [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      We need the pic Sam!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Now you scared the Newbie.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow"> [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]I want Royalties dammit [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] If this image don't send the new guy running for the hills, nothing will. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Easy Scott [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Hey TruckerDave!
                  Welcome to the forum!

Please let me know if I can help get that RR1 in your hands

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

thats the basic idea
                    i need to put something that will not damage the finish and protect it well
                    i was asking, wich material should i use? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

How about large socks? Although, it might be hard getting a sock over the short wing of the Rhoads shape... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The sock would definitely go on the long wing though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

good luck! RR1's and KV2's are accidents waiting to happen especially if you are playing live! The only thing I could think of would be to put like a rhino liner coating on it. Of course you would never get it back off without ruining the finish.

Comment

that happens to be a great idea!
                          the sock will not protect the guitar if i bang into anything
                          but if i'll fill it up with something soft and then dress the sock on the guitar and hold it up with an elastic band it may be a good protection

i'll make sure i'll get i nice looking sock that will fit the guitar :rant [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Bah, though I really love my RR1 (in fact I dont even like my other axe anymore, and I reaaally loved her haha, bah...) the day I get to play it live if it gets damaged I'll be sad as hell but hey, that's part of the guitar's life (I'm not talking about a major damage, just a little "wing-ding" hehe).
                            Besides, what's the point in getting a great looking guitar (AND great playing but the socks won't affect that) if you're gonna ruin it with socks on the wings...
                            My opinion anyway.

Comment

Careful Dave, if you dress your guitar up too much it'll wind up looking like this:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X