• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCS Rhoads #84

Stuka - Congrats on the score [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Venom - Yep, it's a sweetie [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now, I DO have a question for the other PCS owners:
    Do you find that it slips out of tune when sitting idle, or even while playing? Believe me, I know how to stretch strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    For some reason it won't stay in tune, and I'm trying to figure out if maybe the neck is somehow faulty from the previous owner keeping bass strings on it?
    Or could it be that it's taking a little longer to settle in not only to a new environment (from New York to Tennessee) but also to lighter strings?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

No problems here to speak of. I play mine pretty frequently and the only time I've noticed it going out of tune is when I do "a lot" of pinching...

Pat

Comment

Hmmm. Seems I may have found the problem. I was stretching the strings again just to make sure I gave 'em a really good he-man stretch by doing a 2-step bend at the 12th fret, starting with the 6th string, when the nut came loose.
        It slid right on over. Upon closer examination of the nut area, it seems this has happened before, but whoever re-glued it didn't use quite enough. Both the nut area on the neck and the bottom of the nut itself are very smooth. Usually you can feel dried glue on either part, but these are silky smooth like they've been sanded.
        The glue on the neck feels slightly tacky, indicating that it was not Super Glue or Krazy Glue, which always feels rough and dry and brittle once it hardens.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I have a orignal rhoads pcs #107 I bought it new in 1994 from musicins friend mail order. It is in perfect condition as it has never been played outside my home. It has spent most of its life inside its case. I have all the orignal papers and tag. How many of these were made? The final inspection date on the tag is 9/28/94. I paid $1449.88 for it. Is it collectable? What is it worth now? I have the orignal case also in perfect condition. I might sell it.

Comment

Wow, flashback [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            For a minute I thought a JCF'er had wound up with my old one.

Throw it on Ebay if you wanna sell it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Killer guitar, enjoy it.

Comment

A very nice addition. The Rhoads Guitars look good together.

Rudy

Comment

Man Newc those pics brought a tear to my eye. I cant wait to get my RR back now. Then I will have to start looking for another one.

Don

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The black / brass looks real classy.

Comment

Hey Matt,

What happened to "I don't typically like to own two of the same guitar" deal eh?...LOL! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyhoo...nice score man!...I love dem Rhoads geetars! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony343:
                          I might sell it.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Here's a tip: make sure you post 39 more times before heading to the Classifieds! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

sweet...the PCS & JCF look killer together.

Comment

You mentioned tuning problems.... Randy (Rhoads) also had mentioned that about his black Rhoads. He wasn't completely satisfied with playing it too much because of that. Interesting, huh?

Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Diego:
                                You mentioned tuning problems.... Randy (Rhoads) also had mentioned that about his black Rhoads. He wasn't completely satisfied with playing it too much because of that. Interesting, huh?

Diego
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I never heard that Randy had tuning problems with his Black Jackson. I know he had tuning problems with his Black Gibson SG, which he sold, and then got his Les Paul.

Rudy

Comment

Working...
                                X