No announcement yet.

King Kelly - The King is in the house!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King Kelly - The King is in the house!!

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey Metalcop, same deal with my King Kelly. The 22nd fret is basically unreachable..... a definite design flaw. I've seen another made with a thinner upper horn for better fret access but it just didn't look right.

Here's a pic for all of you so you can see the difference between a King Kelly and the current Kelly. There are actually 3 different sizes of the Kelly. The first 20 or so were "King" Kellys with body cutouts. From 85-89 they were downsized somewhat(and what I feel are the perfect size), no cutouts. In 1990 they downsized it again for Marty Friedman to what I like to call the current Dinky Kelly. As far as I know, mine is the only King Kelly in existence without the body cutouts.

Comment

That Kelly sure is sweeeeet Metalcop! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I really like how the Kelly looks! It's a cool body shape! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] wow....thats just amazing...

Comment

Excellent stuff - I _know_ you're enjoying that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Dreams do come true... The Revolution of the soul... I am sure you deserve it.

Now you can go off into another world of powerful sounds. Rocking Thunder or Sweet melodic sounds.

That guitar speaks for it's self! Top shelf! Heavy Metal Electric! All put together to your exact specifications. That guitar is your dream come true! 22 months... Ouch! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Now that Fender owns Jackson it shouldn't take so long for custom orders.

Comment

Sweet guitars [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

how much did she cost ya?

Comment

It's funny you mentioned the Stryper influence, because I was just thinking as I saw the pics that that would look awesome in the Stryper finish scheme. Looks fantastic anyway. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

What did that beast cost you? Also did all the work get done at the Jackson Custom Shop or did GMW do some of the work?
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

M C, i know, i was just giving you ****! it was a rob lane custom order through drum city for rob

Comment

I remember reading about the 22nd fret access problem and believe they started making them with 24 frets for just that reason.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you guys want to know what it cost, do the math yourselves. Figure out retail off of Jacksons site or a catalog and then multiply that figure by .65 +/- (roughly what a dealer would charge you) I paid upcharges for a custom body shape, custom colored logo, binding over the frets, yellow w/black bevels finish, and the G&G hardshell case. I will tell you this, when I placed the order I told Lee Garver that I was going to 'bite the bullet' and get a Custom Shop. His reply was "I hope you have good dental insurance!"

Brad - I knew you were only kidding, its all in good fun. Besides, mine is way sweeter than yours! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] BTW, do you still have your White w/red bevels Kelly? I always liked that one, even if it did have a Kahler.

Comment

how could yours be sweeter? mine was made by mike! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] id re think that one, lol. nope, the one with the red is gone but i know the guy who has it, that was one Sweet Gtr!, the green charvel is parted and i think thats it? that sight seems to have a hard time taking down, i just sold the tele for a doubleneck so they will change soon too

Comment

Glory theft Brad. To top it off you made me look at all your guitars now I have to rob you
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X