What year is Dinky w/serial # 006517?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

If I remember correctly, the logs that were stolen/not-stolen did not go that high anyhow.
    They only made the way up to J1000.
    For Jackson strats and dinkys they went past 1500 and Charvels went higher. and the J is not a Dinky it's a soloist or other neck-through models. Which has nothing to do with a conversation about a Dinky.

Just so you know what your talking about next

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/neck-thru
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-26-2021, 05:44 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Douche bag

Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
      Re: Jackson log book

Rob Witte has the logbook with the first 1000 Jackson entries. It was stolen out of the custom shop by Rob Lane........another of his wonderful accomplishments along with changing logs in the book to match up with guitars he and a high profile C/J employee(who will go unnamed) built using USA neckplates.
      https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ckson-log-book

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        You're such an idiot, who cares about the first 1000? This thread isn't related to that and your J post is wrong as usual. Go get some chocolate old man.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Damn. I remember when one of the FMs here got in my ass for my "lack of civility". I never came close to this shit and everyone here has their moments! After this member who is often quite uncivil themselves gave me shit, I just said "Fuck it" don't feel like playing the "rank" game in a place that has no rank.

As for the serial number, NotP nailed it.

Production USA bolt-ons (excluding Jackson Juniors) get 6 numeric digits with leading zeros. The serial number in question is 2001 or later. Serial is on the neck plate and should also be in the neck pocket.

Custom Shop USA bolt-ons get 4 numeric digits with no leading zeros (they just increased to 5 digits in 2020, my new DInky Custom Select has a 5 digit serial).

Production USA neck throughs (excluding RR and archtop neck throughs) get a 5 digit numeric serial prefixed with "U" (e.g. U0xxxx).

Custom Shop USA neck throughs get a 4 numeric digit serial prefixed by "J" (e.g. Jxxxx).

As always with Jackson, there are exception to all of these "rules" There are some RRs with J and U serial numbers as an example.
          Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-26-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
            Damn. I remember when one of the FMs here got in my ass for my "lack of civility". I never came close to this shit and everyone here has their moments! After this member who is often quite uncivil themselves gave me shit, I just said "Fuck it" don't feel like playing the "rank" game in a place that has no rank.

As for the serial number, NotP nailed it.

Production USA bolt-ons (excluding Jackson Juniors) get 6 numeric digits with leading zeros. The serial number in question is 2001 or later. Serial is on the neck plate and should also be in the neck pocket.

Custom Shop USA bolt-ons get 4 numeric digits with no leading zeros (they just increased to 5 digits in 2020, my new DInky Custom Select has a 5 digit serial).

Production USA neck throughs (excluding RR and archtop neck throughs) get a 5 digit numeric serial prefixed with "U" (e.g. U0xxxx).

Custom Shop USA neck throughs get a 4 numeric digit serial prefixed by "J" (e.g. Jxxxx).

As always with Jackson, there are exception to all of these "rules" There are some RRs with J and U serial numbers as an example.

I apologize to you and anyone else my comments offend. People use anonymity to call people degrading names and I've had enough. I have no doubt it wouldn't happen in real life. Again all apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
              is this the one that was a replacement for the one they delivered with a twisted neck? if so, pics please!

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I apologize to you and anyone else my comments offend. People use anonymity to call people degrading names and I've had enough. I have no doubt it wouldn't happen in real life. Again all apologies.
                No offense taken. I just find it very… amusing that one of the FMs who acosted me for incivility is the guy who walked away after a meltdown that was beyond the pale. I have been checking in very infrequently for a while and learned that he had moved on in this thread.

To Mudlark I say “Pot meet kettle”. He is just as nasty as he says other people are. But that is OK (in his book) because he has been here longer and should get his sensitive little tush kissed for his “seniority”. We really can’t afford to lose anyone here but…
                Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-28-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

is this the one that was a replacement for the one they delivered with a twisted neck? if so, pics please!
                  Yes it is! Will post a new thread:

Back from hiatus. New Jacksons - JCFonline.com
                  Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-27-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X