Jackson log book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson log book

The million dollar question "who has the jackson log book?" we have sort of touched on this a little in other posts. Like some others I recently contacted Jackson about my Charvel. Fender replied that they don't have any info on the older guitars. Does Jackson still have the information?

Re: Jackson log book

I seem to recall that Kevin mentioned there was a fire that destroyed many of the original records kept by the company. I could be wrong, but I thought that the log book was destroyed.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Rob Witte has the logbook with the first 1000 Jackson entries. It was stolen out of the custom shop by Rob Lane........another of his wonderful accomplishments along with changing logs in the book to match up with guitars he and a high profile C/J employee(who will go unnamed) built using USA neckplates.

Comment

What about the old sd charvel info?

Comment

It's still there along with work orders.

I understand Rob Witte had to pay a nice chunk of change to Rob Lane to get those Jackson records. He recently put them up for public viewing, which is pretty cool:

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/evolution/J-Serials.html

Comment

Greg, are you serious? I always considered Lane to be honest about things. After all, he had one of the first sites up with a "how to tell a fake" section. I suppose we've been faked out all these years then. What a skuzzy thing to do, gain access to Jackson's custom shop and then rob 'em blind! Wonder how they felt after all of that?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

thats fucked up....

& why is it that prior to FMIC you could verify guitar now, no records exist. seems funny kinda like the flood that destroyed alot of the BCRichs records.....right around the time ClassAxe bought them. now they seem to have records again. go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                Greg, are you serious? I always considered Lane to be honest about things. After all, he had one of the first sites up with a "how to tell a fake" section. I suppose we've been faked out all these years then. What a skuzzy thing to do, gain access to Jackson's custom shop and then rob 'em blind! Wonder how they felt after all of that?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ironic, no? it's true...rob took advanage of friendships at jackson and stole a portion of the log book and sold it later.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

took some cojones...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Rob Witte has some Rhoads logs as well. I asked if he will ever post them, but never received a reply. I don't think his Rhoads logs go way back. He didn't have info in RR0200 era #'s, but did have RR0600 era and up.

Comment

Rob Lane isn't perfect but "stealing" is a pretty harsh term. The logbooks were never confidential info. and the secretary freely gave out info. to basically anyone that called. Getting a copy of the book from her doesn't seem all that serious to me.

Comment

He didn't get a copy, he took the original and only thing they had. Jackson can't even look those numbers up anymore.

Comment

Are you sure about that Greg? I know I called in a bunch of guitars and got info. well after that logbook was floating around.

Comment

Rob Witte may have given them copies but there was a time when if you asked for info on any J serial number from 0001 to 1000, you were out of luck.

Comment

Larry,

Nice to see you again! I though you were one of the "lost members".
                              I still thank you sir for helping me out on my first San Dimas axe-The Amir Derahk Soloist..

I hope to see you on many more posts as i think your knowlege is SO valuable.

KEEP POSTING!

Comment

Working...
                              X