Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the increase in prices for used USA models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenMonster View Post
    I just bought an 89 Rhoads Custom (cobalt blue) in mint condition for 1000 Euro here in Holland. Is that a good deal?
    Considering the insane prices i have seen in the past few years in German stores and some UK stores and european Reverb that is a deal of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
      It doesn't bother me, I have guitars with worse wear than that!
      There you go! Go get it! I love the natural flame top and the transparent blue flame top finishes on the SL2H's and am actually looking around to find one or the other...except not that one lol That one is all you, Jim!
      Last edited by synapsistheory; 01-13-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

My Custom Soloist listed for over $2400 with the options in 1985. They are one of the best guitars ever made IMHO and should be worth that.

Comment

To give you an idea. I bought a new Jackson SL2H in Black in 2002/3 and it was $1250 with tax. I sold it used a year later for $1000 shipped. The new and used prices are ridiculous these days.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            To give you an idea. I bought a new Jackson SL2H in Black in 2002/3 and it was $1250 with tax. I sold it used a year later for $1000 shipped. The new and used prices are ridiculous these days.
            Yeah it's crazy these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think they're worth every penny, but damn. Some people are just unreasonable. But they ARE the best guitars made in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenMonster View Post
              I just bought an 89 Rhoads Custom (cobalt blue) in mint condition for 1000 Euro here in Holland. Is that a good deal?
              Most "Plain Jane" used USAs go around the €1700 mark in the Netherlands, true one off customs (with more exotic features) a few hundred higher
              They sell, but not quickly
              You see a few with lower prices occasionally, but a €1000 is usually asked for something like an RR24 or xx5 models, so IMO opinion, yours is a steal
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks, thats what I thought, but just wanted to check :-)

Comment

Working...
                X