Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the increase in prices for used USA models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the increase in prices for used USA models?

Why is most everyone asking around $2k for used USA Jacksons? Is'nt that a bit high even for USA models in "excellent condition"? A few years ago the most I saw anyone post a used USA Jackson was for $1500-$1600. Why the price hike on the used market?

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
    Why is most everyone asking around $2k for used USA Jacksons? Is'nt that a bit high even for USA models in "excellent condition"? A few years ago the most I saw anyone post a used USA Jackson was for $1500-$1600. Why the price hike on the used market?
    Probably because you have to spend around 4K for a custom shop ESP guitar to get similar quality these days. Production guitars don’t hold up in comparison. Same goes for strats etc. need a custom shop just to find one that plays well IMO.

Comment

Depends on the specs - there's a lot more 'one off' custom selects to start with.

And don't forget, asking isn't getting.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think part of what you're seeing is the stuff that's listed at that price not selling, while the stuff that's more appropriately priced actually sells rather than sitting there.

Comment

So what's a good price on an otherwise new SL2H-MAH with a chunk of finish taken out of it?
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

The early Ontarios have been turning 30 years old, crossing into "vintage" territory. I think they will continue to slowly rise.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ka-ching!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              And don't forget, asking isn't getting.
              Indubitably!

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                So what's a good price on an otherwise new SL2H-MAH with a chunk of finish taken out of it?
                Are you referring to this one, Jim?

https://reverb.com/item/12649053-jac...case-demo-mint

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  The early Ontarios have been turning 30 years old, crossing into "vintage" territory. I think they will continue to slowly rise.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ka-ching!
                  I agree with you, Axe! The earlier models are definitely becoming more rare and valuable but those are’nt really what I was referring to. I’m talking about newer models - anything made post fender buy-out.

Comment

Are you referring to this one, Jim?

https://reverb.com/item/12649053-jac...case-demo-mint
                    Well yeah

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                      Well yeah
                      I don't know about everyone else but I would'nt even buy it with that huge gash in the clear coat...I don't care how new it is. But that's me. I'd say $1799 is a fair price for it being a floor/demo model and with that cosmetic blemish. It's gonna have to be taken to a professional to fix the clear coat(unless you know how to do it and are confident in your abilities) and that can get expensive.

Comment

I don't know about everyone else but I would'nt even buy it with that huge gash in the clear coat...I don't care how new it is. But that's me. I'd say $1799 is a fair price for it being a floor/demo model and with that cosmetic blemish. It's gonna have to be taken to a professional to fix the clear coat(unless you know how to do it and are confident in your abilities) and that can get expensive.
                        IMO that's a little high, just because you can get a perfect one for less than that. $1,400 to $1,600 seems more realistic to me.

Comment

I just bought an 89 Rhoads Custom (cobalt blue) in mint condition for 1000 Euro here in Holland. Is that a good deal?

Comment

It doesn't bother me, I have guitars with worse wear than that!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenMonster View Post
                              I just bought an 89 Rhoads Custom (cobalt blue) in mint condition for 1000 Euro here in Holland. Is that a good deal?
                              Sounds like it to me, but I'm also not sure how the used Jackson market is over there in Holland. Maybe someone will chime in and give you a better answer than I.

Comment

Working...
                              X