Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that's how it is.

Comment

Alright, I am back from a week of craziness compliments of Hurricane Irma. Got word back today that Jackson is accepting the order and providing pricing and delivery estimates. Should hear more in a couple of days.

Comment

Custom select order has been placed with Jackson Custom Shop and accepted. Took three weeks from when the request was submitted. ETA is quoted at 100-120 days.

Comment

While I've owned many custom C/Js over the years, I never actually ordered one. Was thinking about doing so, but wow all of the changes since Fender bought them seem to be good for Fender, not so much for the enthusiasts & players. Crap I remember buying the group buy on this board for the black and white bullseye, that was only $1425, now that doesn't even get me the masterbuilt upcharge... I want something now that is pretty standard on options, except for inlays and paint, could live with waiting 18 months, I guess, but wouldn't want it fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by evconrad View Post
            While I've owned many custom C/Js over the years, I never actually ordered one. Was thinking about doing so, but wow all of the changes since Fender bought them seem to be good for Fender, not so much for the enthusiasts & players. Crap I remember buying the group buy on this board for the black and white bullseye, that was only $1425, now that doesn't even get me the masterbuilt upcharge... I want something now that is pretty standard on options, except for inlays and paint, could live with waiting 18 months, I guess, but wouldn't want it fucked up.
            Order a Custom Select... you can even ask for stuff that's not listed with a fair chance of getting what you want. QC has never been better, imo. There's almost no reason to go Masterbuild unless you have to have a 7-string or custom only body shape, IMO.

I'm not even sure they're accepting masterbuilds right now. They weren't like a month or two ago. My last Shannon build took almost 3 1/2 years before it finally shipped, had to go back so it was a few days short of 4 years before I got it back with the correct logo spec.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yep, The QC is very good. The board is much darker than my MB, especially the new one, almost dark as 80s era. But perhaps they had wood sourcing problem during 2012-2013.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                I'm not even sure they're accepting masterbuilds right now. They weren't like a month or two ago. My last Shannon build took almost 3 1/2 years before it finally shipped, had to go back so it was a few days short of 4 years before I got it back with the correct logo spec.
                What I heard was they aren't accepting any masterbuild orders until after NAMM. Sounds like they are changing some things up with the program. With that said though, I just put a deposit on a masterbuild for a shape that they don't usually offer. Really wasn't in the budget at this time but couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                  What I heard was they aren't accepting any masterbuild orders until after NAMM. Sounds like they are changing some things up with the program. With that said though, I just put a deposit on a masterbuild for a shape that they don't usually offer. Really wasn't in the budget at this time but couldn't pass up the opportunity.
                  Is it flying v? If yes I have to pull the trigger as well

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                    Is it flying v? If yes I have to pull the trigger as well
                    Nope, it's breaking my streak of three straight KVs. Just put the deposit down last week for a Death Warrior.

Comment

Working...
                    X