Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Adrian Smith Super Distorsion... F Spaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe... I never even noticed the stock photo on the www.JacksonGuitars.com website itself shows a standard-spaced bridge humbucker.

Below is the ebony board variant. Obvious misalignment.

http://jacksonguitars.com/series/art...rd-snow-white/

The picture of the maple board variant below seems less misaligned.

Comment

Perhaps non-F spaced may not seem so influential on high gain p'ups
      But on my fusion, the double blade single coils (J200?) in neck and middle have an unmistakable difference in output when down/up picking the low and high E
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Dimarzio "F" space doesn't mean Floyd Rose space. It's for Fender. The only Pickup that lines up with the strings on a Floyd is the Seymour Duncan TB models (Trembuckers).

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          It's not F spaced.
          Well, I'll be damned...

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
            Dimarzio "F" space doesn't mean Floyd Rose space. It's for Fender. The only Pickup that lines up with the strings on a Floyd is the Seymour Duncan TB models (Trembuckers).
            I always knew F originally stood for Fender, but I've had strings line up with F-spaced DiMarzios on Floyds before.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well ... the thing gets complicated. I have consulted with the Jackson customer service on this subject, and confirm to me that the pickup that are installed in AS San Dimas is: "PICKUP, DIM DP100F SUPER DIST BLK"

Anyway, AS now uses Seymour Duncan JB...

Comment

Originally posted by aaguilar View Post
                Well ... the thing gets complicated. I have consulted with the Jackson customer service on this subject, and confirm to me that the pickup that are installed in AS San Dimas is: "PICKUP, DIM DP100F SUPER DIST BLK"

Jackson customer service has track record of not knowing their own products.

Smith uses many different pickups Super Distortion, JB, stock Gibson etc. in his guitars. You can install any pickup you want in your guitar.

Comment

Not sure if it's true, but I've been told through the years that they build them with whatever is on hand. If it's F-spaced, they go in. If standard, they go in, too. Not just AS models, I mean. Any USA production model. Sometimes, a supplier may not have enough F-spaced versions in stock for a batch's build. So they take the version they can get. The intent is spec'd, the reality may sometimes end up inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by aaguilar View Post

What's complicated? Get whatever pickup you want and put it in. If you like the sound of what's already in there, stick with that.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

F spaced or not F spaced doesn't matter anyway.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        Hehe... I never even noticed the stock photo on the www.JacksonGuitars.com website itself shows a standard-spaced bridge humbucker.

Below is the ebony board variant. Obvious misalignment.

The picture of the maple board variant below seems less misaligned.

Of all the guitars on the market right now, this one is very high on my Lust List! I remember it vividly from the Seventh Son era when I was first introduced to his band.

For those of you worrying about F-spacing, you know Adrian does play in a little band you may have heard of. The old school spacing doesn't seem to slow him down, so I wouldn't lose sleep over it....
                        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                        '90 Charvel 475 XL
                        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

I have a maple board and a ebony board USA Adrian Smiths. Both bridge pickups are labeled DP100FBK#LPU on a small white label and both have a "F" stamped into the metal on the rear of the metal base plate and both measure 51mm from center pole to center pole.

I don't like the DP100 and swapped out for F-spaced ToneZone in each guitar.

Comment

Working...
                          X