No announcement yet.

Custom shop soloist help(info?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely have to do some research as the seller did not know the body wood or build date.I am not familiar enough with wood species to identify on sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      I rarely recommend contacting Fender because of their history of questionable service regarding serial info, but they should be able to give you a date on that one since it's so recent.
      Sometimes the buggers won't even reply, but just keep at them.

Fender was real great for the couple used Fenders I bought.
      But they have been dreadful for all of the Jackson guitars I tried contacting them about, including Fender-era USA-made guitars.

Comment

Yeah, I should've mentioned I was referring to Jackson models. My guess has always been you could get Fender model info quite easily.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
          AT with a trem, don't see those very often. Love the blank ebony.
          What is the body wood?
          I'd bet a dollar to your dime it's alder...pics aren't of high enough resolution for me to be 100% certain

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            My guess has always been you could get Fender model info quite easily.
            Hell, they went above and beyond for the one Fender that I wrote to them about. They told me when the series started, ended, what it replaced, and what it was replaced by. They told me when the color was put into production as well as when it went out of production. Wrench sizes, and which ones were included.
            They gave me more information about a 15 year old used product than I normally see displayed about new products.

Comment

Fender needs to find someone with Jackson knowledge to work in customer service. Great job if they'd let you work from home.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
              X