Custom shop soloist help(info?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop soloist help(info?)

I have found an custom shop soloist I would really like to buy,but background at this point is limited.It is a nice flame maple top with a reversed headstock and EMG's.Serial is JA0567.Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Jamey

That serial appears to be a fairly recent build, but those USA arch top serials is one format that I don't have. I'd guess it's from the last few years. I'm fairly certain those numbers are up around JA0600 as of late 2016, but I may be wrong.

I'd strongly recommend posting a pic or two. You need to first post them on a site such as photobucket and then copy the link here.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have pics of it, and it's a 2 hum, natural 22 fret Soloist archtop with a floyd and EMGs. What else are you looking to find out?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's the one on ebay now? That's a sweet guitar.

What are your concerns?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't have any real concerns,but I could not seem to look up any info on the serial #,and was curious of the year of the build.The seller was close when I was able to call yesterday and i thought some one here might know a little about it.I will contact the seller today and get some more pics to verify it's condition.Thanks for the help.Hopefully I'll be posting a NGD thread next week!
          Jamey

Comment

That's the closest I've ever seen a toggle switch and volume control placed together.

Comment

Did you buy it already? I don't see any custom shop w/reverse headstock fitting neilli's description on ebay..just curious to see.

Comment

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/JACKSON-USA-C...AAAOSwHoFXvzE2

Comment

Originally posted by jamey View Post
                  I have found an custom shop soloist I would really like to buy,but background at this point is limited.It is a nice flame maple top with a reversed headstock and EMG's.Serial is JA0567.Any info would be greatly appreciated!
                  Jamey
                  for what it's worth, I bought my "best" Jackson from Rocky..it was as described..no tricks, shipped immediately..spoke to him directly on the phone..

Comment

Was also on Reverb, now shown as sold:
                    https://reverb.com/item/2824647-jack...adstock-guitar

Comment

Yes it is now sold.I pulled the trigger!NGD pics soon.
                      Jamey

Comment

congrats Jamey! Thats a nice one indeed!

Comment

Nice going. That control placement is certainly noteworthy.

I'll bet that's within a couple years old.
                          I rarely recommend contacting Fender because of their history of questionable service regarding serial info, but they should be able to give you a date on that one since it's so recent.
                          Sometimes the buggers won't even reply, but just keep at them.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yes the control placement is a bit odd,but partly what I liked.I love my Jacksons',but due to hand placement and the way I like to pick,their volume knob placement has always annoyed me immensely as I tend to unintentionally turn the volume knob down while playing.Although I must admit the pickup selector toggle is damned close to the volume.

Comment

AT with a trem, don't see those very often. Love the blank ebony.
                              What is the body wood?

Comment

Working...
                              X