No announcement yet.

NJD: Down by the (coral) Sea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on finding a soloist, always liked that finish no matter what it's called!

Awesome trio you've got there.

Comment

I love how the learning never stops here.
      Thanks for the info Andrew!

Comment

Catharpin, that`s all right!

Comment

Well, there's plenty to make me doubt my original beliefs, but I'm gonna' need to see a some hang tags before I'm certain.
          ...or, cavity markings.

If there was an Eerie Dess without a swirl this is almost certainly one considering it has the same colours as the EDS. If there was no non-swirl ED, then this may be the Jackson USA version of the Psycho.
          Last edited by Mudlark; 12-26-2016, 02:20 PM.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Do we have pics of Jackson Guitars Price List 1990, 1991 ? I have no hang tags, But I will certainly check for cavity markings.
            >^v^<

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Well, there's plenty to make me doubt my original beliefs, but I'm gonna' need to see a some hang tags before I'm certain.
              ...or, cavity markings.

If there was an Eerie Dess without a swirl this is almost certainly one considering it has the same colours as the EDS. If there was no non-swirl ED, then this may be the Jackson USA version of the Psycho.
              Non-swirl EDS is called rainbow eerie dess (RED)
              I have only seen one in person and one other in a picture.
              Here is an 1989 archtop in that finish.

Comment

Psycho-dellic listed under airbrushed, which by comparison to other other airbrushed finishes listed doesn't add up. It's not an airbrushed graphic. It's more of a random color palette disturbed by some texture pressed against it, like a chunk of coral is how I always saw it.
                I might've thought it was referencing tie-dye as to be psycho-dellic. LSD, tie dye and psychodelics does add up more appropriately. Were tie-dyes listed as tie-dye finish?
                Last edited by audiophile; 02-22-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Though, if you look at the Aldridge models some of the Psycho finishes are very similar to the USA in question.

One would have to check the catalogues to see if there's an example of a Tie Dye beside a picture. I seem to remember seeing a one, but I wouldn't bet on it.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

This is Tie Dye.
                    Fusion-body.jpg
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's what I've known TD to be.

Comment

I couldn't recall if TD were listed as TD was my thought, until I looked again on same finish page and 10 spaces away is listed TD, damnit lol. Hangtags are gold.
                        I've always like em as one of few painted finishes. But more akin to trans flame/quilts where I also am persistently challenged with what is that damn tint, amber, solar, area lighting is screwing with shade, that doesn't look bursty, but damn hangtag says so /confused/

Comment

Pretty cool Fusion here if anyone was looking for one -

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...tric-Guitar.gc

Comment

^ Thanks for that
                            >^v^<

Comment

Working...
                            X