Custom shop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop ?

wonder does master builder builds any custom shop or does it have to be strictly of master build option and to have paid a fee of 1700 grand ?

I don't know the answer specifically, but:
    Master Built usually refers to something unique that needs specific attention paid, probably even done by hand - something that isn't programmed into the computer guided drill bits.

And, just for grammar purposes:
    1700 grand is $1,700,000.
    1.7 grand is $1700.
    So, no, I am not going pay 1.7million dollars to have that ginger make my guitar.

Comment

oh haha yeah sorry for my poor english ... well i just got no idea if those masterbuilder from jackson will be building custom shop jackson ? or least how different is a selected series different from a jackson custom shop and how a custom shop differs off from a notch higher being master build.. ?

i cant justify to put the 1.7 grand on that ginger too lol...

Comment

Master Built guitars are built using a lot more hand work than Custom Select or USA Select which are basically CNC'd with some hand finishing..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

thx alot... as far as i can see that a custom shop will have a stunning abalone shell for its logo and the sharkfin inlay, a tighter flame maple grade than a regular usa select huh ?

will generally a custom shop offers a more stunning flame/ quilt top than those regular usa select ? ie tighter and more flame/quilt?

Comment

A custom shop is something you have to ask specifically for. If you do not ask for abalone logo, you don't get an abalone logo. If you don't ask for sharkfins, you don't get sharkfins. If you want higher grades of wood you need to ask for special wood selection.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Custom Shop Examples:

2005 Jackson Soloist Custom Shop "Red Snakeskin": This is a 100% custom order with everything on it special request form added - the cost for this guitar new today would be $4200 and take 6 to 8 months to build !!! Bridge Screaming Demon Humbucker / Single (Double rail Mini Hum neck ), Neck thru Reverse headstock ,Airbrushed Red Snakeskin all over including matching headstock with Abalone Logo, 24 frets, Black Binding, Maple fretboard, Black Skull and Crossbones inlays ,Orig Floyd Rose Recessed , 1 volume and pickup selector,Ibanez style side jack Factory, Original Hardshell Molded Case

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom/Ontario Custom Shop "Glow In The Dark" Crackle/Lava Serial #J4742: Sustains forever, JE1200 Active Mid-Boost is awesome, Reverse Headstock/Neck-Thru/Ebony Fretboard, J200/J200/Pre-2004 Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Maricela Juarez “Evenly Voiced Harmonics” Trembucker/JE1200 Active Mid-Boost, Non-Recessed Original Floyd Rose w/Floyd Upgrades Threaded Screw In Arm, Schaller Straplocks/Black Leather Strap

Last edited by MuttznMongrelz; 09-29-2015, 06:15 PM.
              MuttznMongrelz
              Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
              2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
              2013 USACG Iceman Custom
              1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

That red snake would be more than 6-8 months to build - the graphic and inlays make it MB and that's more like 2 years. If not more..
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Master Built?
                  MuttznMongrelz
                  Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

2013 USACG Iceman Custom

sigpic

Comment

wow !! thats a treat here ! thanks for the pics yeah.. i have seen this red snake skin on guitar asylum on 2004 back then i always marvelled by guitar asylum website as they have the sickest and widest jackson customshop available... i remembered it was a red snake skin with maple board but with black sharkfin inlays with a reversed headstock...

am now trying to get a custom shop build in details with typically the type of flame and quilt am looking for but no idea if jackson coy will be cool enough to send in pictures of the typical top i wanted and pics of the build in da process ?

Comment

I ran across a picture of the one you mentioned when I was researching this one! Will look forward to seeing yours whether in progress or complete.
                      MuttznMongrelz
                      Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

2013 USACG Iceman Custom

sigpic

Comment

thx but not so soon yet... am basically trying to getta normal SL2H with a striking quilt reverse headstock and a block inlay on the 12th fret...am still trying to reason out if am forking out 300usd for a block inlay at the 12th fret hahah...

Comment

Ha! I hear ya. Good luck with your decision process.
                          MuttznMongrelz
                          Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

2013 USACG Iceman Custom

sigpic

Comment

thanks ... am puzzled over which fix bridge to choose am staying away from tremolo bridge as it can be messy as i find myself ended up meddling with the trem more...

now that i know for fixed bridge type i wonder the string thru type TOM would have a better tone over the hipshot fixed bridge ?

can anybody guide me which to choose from in terms for better tone quest... string thru TOM or hipshot fix bridge ?

Comment

Of course. IMHO; if it ain't got a Floyd...String Through Body with a Tune-O-Matic for both feel and sustain. Though I'm not sure which HipShot you're considering.
                              MuttznMongrelz
                              Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

2013 USACG Iceman Custom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X