Custom shop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
    thanks ... am puzzled over which fix bridge to choose am staying away from tremolo bridge as it can be messy as i find myself ended up meddling with the trem more...

now that i know for fixed bridge type i wonder the string thru type TOM would have a better tone over the hipshot fixed bridge ?

can anybody guide me which to choose from in terms for better tone quest... string thru TOM or hipshot fix bridge ?
    TOM is the only option without going Masterbuilt and having the $1700 upcharge.

I'm pretty sure that snakeskin soloist would be more than 5,000 - 5,500 nowdays from the Custom Shop. Those inlays would make it a Master Built and add 1700 to the cost of a normal soloist. I have a Custom Select soloist on order that was $3200 so with the MasterBuilt charge and the other options it has would take the cost up over 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
      TOM is the only option without going Masterbuilt and having the $1700 upcharge.

I'm pretty sure that snakeskin soloist would be more than 5,000 - 5,500 nowdays from the Custom Shop. Those inlays would make it a Master Built and add 1700 to the cost of a normal soloist. I have a Custom Select soloist on order that was $3200 so with the MasterBuilt charge and the other options it has would take the cost up over 5k.
      omg !! thats a total turn down... am not sure if jackson will allow a hipshot fixbridge on a custom shop without having to opt for masterbuild...

Comment

No, they won't. It's Floyd or TOM on a custom select (non-master built)

Comment

I'm going to have to research "Master Built". Over $5k...DAMN!!! I had no idea.
          Last edited by MuttznMongrelz; 09-30-2015, 07:14 AM.
          MuttznMongrelz
          Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
          2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
          2013 USACG Iceman Custom
          1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

thx... and i wonder will the fine guys over at jackson coy be able to send in pictures of the type of flame top / quilt am looking at to verify on the typical piece of top am looking at ?

Comment

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
              thx... and i wonder will the fine guys over at jackson coy be able to send in pictures of the type of flame top / quilt am looking at to verify on the typical piece of top am looking at ?
              I would think this may be possible with a Masterbuilt but I probably not on a custom select. The whole point of a custom select is to allow for some customization without requiring much if any special attention outside of the normal assembly of a production USA jackson

Comment

If you have the money, they will send pics, if you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                  If you have the money, they will send pics, if you ask.
                  its too much going on a opted master build....

Comment

If you consider what Gibson, ESP or Fender charges for custom work, a Jackson masterbuild isn't really all that horrible. Definitely several grand cheaper.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

anybody know if i have to need go with a masterbuild if i want a chameleon color? ala that PC1 chameleon ......but on an SL2H

Comment

You MIGHT be able to do that under custom select, if that colour isn't officially 'reserved' for the PC1. But you'd need to go through a well established, high turnover dealer to get your best shot..
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Depends.... e.g. 'silverburst sparkle will be a masterbuilt color, since it has to be painted by Shannon' quote from Jackson. It seems that nobody else knows how to paint it

Comment

mmmm sorry but according to jackson color chart i downloaded off it shows sparkle color at 500usd more... and there are not snakeskin or graphic which i thought be masterbuild quote... but i just went over jackson website color chart it shows chameleon color for PC1 which i guess the chameleon color will only be available for PC1 build model ?

i guess the sparkle color be available but for a steep upgrade of 500usd more ... i saw few good custom build run for sparkle color at Rainbow guitar website the green caught up attention thou but its oiled neck without headstock bindings and an SL1 controls without the tone knob and the volume knob is an inch or so away from the original position after the selector switch.. sexy thou !

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                              Depends.... e.g. 'silverburst sparkle will be a masterbuilt color, since it has to be painted by Shannon' quote from Jackson. It seems that nobody else knows how to paint it
                              My Custom Select King V I ordered in August is going to be painted Silverburst. I know it shows on their website as available but the current order forms don't list it. My dealer called the custom shop and they said that it was an available color

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                                My Custom Select King V I ordered in August is going to be painted Silverburst. I know it shows on their website as available but the current order forms don't list it. My dealer called the custom shop and they said that it was an available color
                                wow... thanks for chiming in Aso... but can please show pictures if it arrived yet ? i think that picture is nice only with quilt maple

Comment

Working...
                                X