Jackson Custom Select Special Runs - 2 Kelly Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neilli View Post
    Have to say, unless I'm missing the point, I really don't understand how people get their pick caught on a middle pick-up - depending how close the pickup is set, you'd have to have the pick like 3mm or more 'below' the strings for it to hit the pickup, and that seems strange to me..
    I used to think the same thing about people who couldn't deal with HSS layouts. It's what I played predominantly for years, so I had no trouble. Then I got more into HS layouts, and started thwacking it when I went back to my other guitars. LOL. So I can see it from both perspectives.

Comment

Control layout on the white one is wiggety wack!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Those would look amazing if they were 1 hum!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, neck or middle only

Middle singles do give me fits, especially if they're exposed-pole types. Covered types I can deal with, but those fucking poles get in my way. Yes, despite my above rant, I'm just as sloppy as anyone else

I do prefer a covered hum in the middle to use as a crutch for keeping the pick from going too far in, even with a Jazz III. The speed increase is awesome. Now if I can just find some way to get my fretting hand to go fast enough to keep up

As for the 3-way, hopefully they had the good sense to put Freeway switches on them. Otherwise......
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Or H-S.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              That's not what I meant, Newc. Web pic below, see the unfortunate similarities in appearance?...

I'm sure it didn't help that I ordered one of those very Deso Stars and - quite literally - returned it the same day because of very poor QC. And I'm not an anti-import snob - it was just an utter POS, with several major flaws right out of the box.

And the Custom Select Special Runs are - surprise - priced the same as a Custom Select.
              The reason I asked about the price is that you could probably get one like you wanted that way, rather than asking for them to completely change an entire run.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd love to order a custom select that way. But flat-top bodies and body binding are full masterbuilt only. Those specs, along with the 3 hum layout (for those that like it), are otherwise only available on these special runs. And paying $1k+ extra to go masterbuilt seems absurd for a couple of easy options that amount to a couple of hundred bucks, at most. This is both the beauty and the curse of the distinction between custom select and full masterbuilt.

Besides, I think a special run of custom selects that way would actually sell. you know, if I were actually Jackson's product planner and all. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X