No announcement yet.

Custom Select Ordered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely! I'm going to play with it first for a while to judge whether the placement is far enough back that I wouldn't hit it with my hand all the time (like the volume control normally). If not, I'll just relocate the volume like I usually do and fill the hole it used to be in. We'll see!

Time to wait...

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post
      Have you ever successfully placed a pot and knob where the switch normally is, on a USA soloist? (My luthier told me this won't work)
      No, but I did it on an ESP Mirage Custom. The hole for the switch is indeed bigger, but with a washer and making sure the pot is centered when tightening it down.....zero problems and looked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        No, but I did it on an ESP Mirage Custom. The hole for the switch is indeed bigger, but with a washer and making sure the pot is centered when tightening it down.....zero problems and looked fine.
        Can you guys make some recommendations for washers that look good with a quality guitar like a USA Jackson?

Comment

I just used a normal nickel colored washer. Pretty much any knob is gonna be big enough to cover it.

Comment

Great build I love that color! I am currently working on a build for a custom select and was told 6 to 9 months. The blue custom select in my other thread took 9 months. Oh I have swapped the toggle with volume before and it can work. you just need to drill out the new switch hole a little bigger. I had to use a small washer for the old switch hole but like chad said, the knob hides it

Comment

Working...
            X