No announcement yet.

When did THIS happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I did to remedy that exact issue and it worked like a charm with no visible modifications to the guitar.
    Go to home depot...buy rubber o rings that'll fit over the pot but smaller than the knob....put two of them over the pot then put the knob back on pushing the top of the knob while securing it with the set screw...this will compress the o rings onto the guitar body and bottom off the knob...this offers all the resistance you will need and its adjustable.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Bombtek for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        You could swap them, unhook the tone, then put the unconnected tone pot in the volume hole. So it won't do anything when you bump it, but the guitar still looks normal.

(I think that's what hunter1970 was suggesting)
        If you disconnect the tone knob, thus making the tone remain at a constant, which level is constantly at? (highs or lows)
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

i kept having a problem with my volume lowering when i played.. my solution was to use a push/pull volume pot and wire my the pot with a a bypass.. you pull the pot.. you have 100% volume..and no tone.. actually you get a tad more volume this way since there is no load at all.. even with a volume turned all the way up on a pot.. there is still a small load on the signal
          GEAR:
          #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
          #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
          #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
          #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
          #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:
          1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
          ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
            If you disconnect the tone knob, thus making the tone remain at a constant, which level is constantly at? (highs or lows)
            If you completely disconnect the tone, it is similar to the tone on 10 (all the highs are present). It is actually even brighter because the tone pot will take out some of the highs even if it is fully open (on 10).

Comment

Jackson really needs to move the volume pot either back an inch or forward an inch. Where it is on most of their models is a pain for those who are not playing claw-hammer style. I end up having to pick further forward than I like for tone to keep from hitting the knob.

As for unhooking the tone, it will be like not having one at all, so it's at 100%.

Since Jackson is unlikely to move their pot location (which wouldn't help those of us who already own one), what the world needs is a low profile knob that is not also smaller - just shorter. That might help. You might also look into the concentric stacked knobs and try using either the smaller one or the flat one.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They should go to the PC 1 placement it's easy to get to but out of the way

Comment

Phantom Hawk (Chris) usually put a plastic cap where the volume would go, remove the tone pot and put the volume pot in its place. He did this to most/all his WR1's. Should be easy enough to do.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    http://rsguitarworks.net
                    Get a super pot they won't roll down if you bump in to it.
                    That's a pricy way to do it.

Otherwise, drink a Grolsh and put the washer under the knob. It'll add resistance and, you had an excuse to drink an extra beer.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Why not get something or make something like this? I think it was called the "Volume Buster" or something like that. Otherwise, as far as I know, the lowest profile knobs I have seen are those shotgun shell knobs. They don't go any higher than the pot shaft.

Comment

How about reversing the wiring or using a pot for a left handed guitar? Of course you would have to get used to turning down backwards but at least when you hit it it won't turn the volume down.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...-Tone-Pot.html

Comment

If you don't subconsciously check your volume pot every chance, then you haven't been playing your jacksons enough. lol
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That knucklebuster's a good idea, but a better idea is moving the fucking knob away from Hillbilly Hank's Volume Swell Swing position.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Did you try out the o ring trick...if so how'd it work out for you
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                That knucklebuster's a good idea, but a better idea is moving the fucking knob away from Hillbilly Hank's Volume Swell Swing position.
                                One reason why I don't like Fender strats.

Comment

Working...
                                X