Ontario Soloist? ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    During that time most had the Jackson after the nut string lock even if it did have an OFR on there.You will see some with the floyd nut too.

Have NEVER seen an original Jackson w/a Floyd & a JT-6 string-lock....JT-6 w/a Floyd style (made by Kahler) lock-nut yes but never the other way around!!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      By after the fact exactly what do you mean? We'll need pics of that.
      They did do up pull routes some in 89 I've had a few.
      I will have pix tonight, The pullup still had the sharpie lines from the template by whoever routed it, definitely NOT factory. colored black inside the route with a sharpie, can still see lines.

Comment

Houston , the eagle has landed...
        Called the shop and had my girl go grab it. Got her to take a pic.wont have more pix until I'm off work
        .Looks like they took the rusty strings off and the trem block fell out.
        Hah she thought she had broken it
        anyway here's the one pic I have until later:[/URL]
        Last edited by Weezil; 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I just wonder how a pawn shop had it for sale if it didn't have a serial number. I was under the impression they couldn't buy a guitar that doesn't have one. I could be wrong and each state has their own laws I am sure so I really don't know. Just make me a lil curious. But anyways I have a white soloist with the same configuration, even the pick-ups look the same, but she came originally with a JT-6 and has a OFR on it now with no pull-up route. The work order is #1586 serial number #J3815. I think it is 1986 and I just tried to look up the serial number information to confirm that but the site says the page cannot be found :think:

Also for the record, I have owned a few Jackson that looked like someone Sharpied the trem route, not sure if that was an extra at the factory or someone else did it afterwards but I had a few that way
          I like black and white guitars

Comment

@ Walshula- I spoke with the guy briefly today after the guitar was picked up (they were going to put new strings on and "set it up") I declined and got it without strings.
            The guy said that the only serial he could find was "4044" which was obviously the WO#, guessing that was enough ID to sell it maybe? Claimed to have had it for a bit.
            Also interestingly enough he did recall that the guy who brought it in claimed that it was bought "in cali in the 80's" I usually discount those stories but they seem to coincide here.

Comment

The 3 mini-toggles make me think '87
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Knob placement 87/88

Comment

Aside from all the date stuff, it looks great. Enjoy.
                  Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Ok, I had a moment to take more pix:

Don't mind the dust, I haven't had a chance to give it a proper cleaning...
                    Thoughts? and thanks for the info so far.

Comment

Well the mixed passive + active pups is a mess that will have to be cleaned up. I can't believe how many Jacksons end up with that.

Comment

I had one the same colors and config that had no serial as well. Same era too. That stated i redid pickups and put an OFR on it so this likely isnt it.
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

How much did it cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Well the mixed passive + active pups is a mess that will have to be cleaned up. I can't believe how many Jacksons end up with that.
                            Oddly enough whoever did it was fairly clever. instead of vol and tone there is a passive vol and the emg vol instead of the tone, eaqch has a discrete path until the output jack. Didnt try it with all pu's on but it sounded decent as-is.
                            Definitely going to swap a dimarzio for the EMG

Comment

Looks like it had a refret. Those frets don't look finished the way Jackson does them, particularly the fret ends. That could account for the missing serial number. However, since the control layout is a bit unusual, I suppose it could have been an artist or employee guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X