Hi I'm new here with a new Ontario Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Yeah that sucks, I've had to have that issue resolved before. My tech basically inserted some wood shims in the holes that straightened out the studs again. It worked pretty well. Another option of course is to install anchors, which is probably what I would do in the future.
    Yeah, it was the first guitar my parents bought me for Christmas of '86 (or '87? I can't remember). It just sits down the basement now, and I've taken the Floyd off and the pickup out, so I've basically retired it. Maybe one day I'll get it up and running again, but I'm not sure it's really worth it for a plywood guitar, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah it looks like they just put a standard pickup ring on there, and you can see where it is bowed and doesn't really fit. I'd try to score an original oversized ring and carefully re-drill for the wider pup ring screw locations. I'd offer to send you one except I'm not going anywhere near the USPS this week. At least you have an original covered pup to work with, although I don't think the J95C would be my first choice for a neck pup. I'd probably swap that out for a J50N as well.
      Yeah I got a Jackson oversized pickup ring from Frets On The Net. Installed it yesterday and put 9's on it. Plays like butter. Had to drill holes, but it all fits nicely now. Looks great.
      The J95C doesn't sound bad. I'll see if I can track down a J50N. I've also been looking for the J80 to see what all the fuss is about (Joe Holmes). No luck on eBay at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
        Yeah I got a Jackson oversized pickup ring from Frets On The Net. Installed it yesterday and put 9's on it. Plays like butter. Had to drill holes, but it all fits nicely now. Looks great.
        The J95C doesn't sound bad. I'll see if I can track down a J50N. I've also been looking for the J80 to see what all the fuss is about (Joe Holmes). No luck on eBay at the moment.
        D'OH! Hope you got two of them, because the FotN replicas don't match the vintage ones perfectly.

Yeah the J80 is killer. I've got one in my GID Spidey strat and it's phenomenal (J80C actually). I didn't know Joe Holmes plays one. Now I like them even more!

unnamed.jpg

Comment

D'OH! Hope you got two of them, because the FotN replicas don't match the vintage ones perfectly.

Yeah the J80 is killer. I've got one in my GID Spidey strat and it's phenomenal (J80C actually). I didn't know Joe Holmes plays one. Now I like them even more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6670[/ATTACH]
          I got one from FOTN as well as an original one off of eBay that arrived today.
          Yes! that's the rumor... Joe uses J80's... Not J80C's. So if I ever get an opportunity to snag one, I will

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
            I got one from FOTN as well as an original one off of eBay that arrived today.
            Yes! that's the rumor... Joe uses J80's... Not J80C's. So if I ever get an opportunity to snag one, I will
            Those J95C's are pretty rare. You might consider putting that up on the JCF classifieds as trade bait for a J80 (after you pay for your platinum membership ). The J50N's are fairly common and you will find one eventually, if you go that direction. The J80 might be a bit harder to find. The AlienXNation d-bag has both.

Personally I'd probably try that J95C out in the bridge to see how the tone is. It's good to experiment. I've never played one and I've played a LOT of Jax pups.
            Last edited by Axewielder; 12-21-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

That Jackson white tile strat I just sold on the bay actually had a J80. The tone was killer, but personally I like the J80C a bit more.

EDIT: And if I knew about that damn Joe Holmes thing I would have put "Joe Holmes" in my keyword listing and probably sold the guitar for $10 more.

Last edited by Axewielder; 12-21-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Those J95C's are pretty rare. You might consider putting that up on the JCF classifieds as trade bait for a J80 (after you pay for your platinum membership ). The J50N's are fairly common and you will find one eventually, if you go that direction. The J80 might be a bit harder to find. The AlienXNation d-bag has both.

Personally I'd probably try that J95C out in the bridge to see how the tone is. It's good to experiment. I've never played one and I've played a LOT of Jax pups.
                Yeah, I haven't seen any J80's at all on eBay. There are some J80C's but overall there aren't too many Jackson pups on eBay at all.

That Jackson white tile strat I just sold on the bay actually had a J80. The tone was killer, but personally I like the J80C a bit more.

EDIT: And if I knew about that damn Joe Holmes thing I would have put "Joe Holmes" in my keyword listing and probably sold the guitar for $10 more.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
                I was going to bid on that but the lack of a neck pickup kept me away. Sweet guitar.

Comment

That is a very cool guitar pretty rare to see the slanted bridge pick up.
                  Love the color too.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sweet guitar! I also love the slanted pickup and the color. Maple necks are pretty bad ass too.. they age so nicely.

J95C in the neck probably sounds like ass. It's a great pickup, but really intended for the bridge. I would stick that in the bridge and pick up something else with lower output for the neck position.

Comment

J95 is a bridge pick up so use a 8k in the neck maybe.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X