What exactly did I get tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savatage View Post
    I got the head and the Jackson for the strat. The strat was in pretty good shape but had a scalloped neck.
    I think you did good. Congrats on that Pile O Skulls SL1 and the JCM 800. What year is the JCM 800? A USA Jackson into a JCM 800 is a great combination!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I think he said it's an 85 Roodyrocker.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I think you did good. Congrats on that Pile O Skulls SL1 and the JCM 800. What year is the JCM 800? A USA Jackson into a JCM 800 is a great combination!
        It's a 1985 50w.
        RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
        My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

It's actually a pretty fair trade. You definitely got the better deal in my opinion. Most vintage strats can pull anywhere from 2K and up depending on condition, year and model.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

The strat had all original parts although the neck was scalloped and the body was possibly refinished, although I think it was original.
            RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
            My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
              It's a 1985 50w.
              Is it a vertical or horizontal input amp? I recently picked up a vertical input 50w 1984 JCM 800 myself BTW, since you said your 72 Strat was beat, possibly refinished, and had the neck scalloped I say you got the better end of that deal. Refinishing along with scalloping destroys collector value on a vintage instrument.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Very nice score, and a very killer guitar. You got the best out of the deal IMO.
                I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                Blackstar Soloist HT60
                Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Nice NGD!! That think looks sick!! I want it to sit beside my 2006 KV2 Pile O Skulls.

Comment

Were you at the St. Pete show for Jon Oliva?

Comment

Working...
                    X