25.5" scale is for pussies. 30" scale Soloist inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
    just switch to bass, a guitar is a guitar and when you get 8 strings and longer scales you're just lieing to yourself. you're a bass player in denial. lol
    That's just silly. Not even the same thing. Try picking up a 6 string guitar... then try picking up an 8 string guitar. Then try picking up a 6 string bass.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Samples of the clean and drive of each pickup.
      1 2 3 4 5 6
      Last edited by ykrop4ik; 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Drop Tuning is for pussies, lol. Floppy ass strings need the longer scale, tune that biatch to standard and play it.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
          Drop Tuning is for pussies, lol. Floppy ass strings need the longer scale, tune that biatch to standard and play it.
          that's the thing. this one is low and at the same time in correct tuning. it's in E, it's in standard, - but octave below. this is even lower tuning than usual 8 strings guitars, and it's 6 strings. so it's kind of perfect choise for those who doesn't like 8 strings and drop tuning, but likes the dooooooooomness of low riffs

Comment

I recently saw a nice 6-string archtop w/floyd soloist with 27 frets, , but other than that, not advertised as a long scale guitar or requiring different tuning.
            but it must be a longer scale, right? Would that make it make require different tuning?
            Would it be a waste for someone not interested in lower tunings?
            What would be the benefit of a slightly longer scale? and it looks like a one-off as well...

They wanted $4,000 for it

Reminded me of a baritone les paul and SG I've also seen lately. they barely mention anything about them other than the fact that it IS a longer scale length, maybe 26.5"...

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
              I recently saw a nice 6-string archtop w/floyd soloist with 27 frets, , but other than that, not advertised as a long scale guitar or requiring different tuning.
              but it must be a longer scale, right? Would that make it make require different tuning?
              What would be the benefit of a slightly longer scale? and it looks like a one-off as well...

They wanted $4,000 for it

Reminded me of a baritone les paul and SG I've also seen lately. they barely mention anything about them other than the fact that it IS a longer scale length, maybe 26.5"...
              depending from the length of the scale you can put thicker strings. than those thicker strings can be tuned lower. like on fender bass 6, it is 30 inch and tuning is just one octave lower than a usual guitar tuning, and it is one octave higher than a bass guitar. the longer the scale is, the more likely that this baritone is bass guitar. most of other baritones with scale less than 30 inches, are not tuned as low like this doom soloist from jackson.
              show the adds with what you saw, pls.

Comment

You can still tune it to E standard. The longer scale means you could actually use lighter strings for the same tension. The opposite of increasing your gauge when you move from a Strat to a Les Paul.

The longer scale improves bass response, it sounds better. Like the lower strings on a harp or piano. It can make the higher strings harder to play though. Multiscale guitars are an attempt to address this by offering longer bass strings and standard scale treble strings
                Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks i found out it is a normal 25.5 scale, the extra few frets are cut diagonally -- to accommodate an angled single coil neck pickup -- not sure I need to play anything on the 25, 26, 27th frets.
                  Or if it would even sound very good with such a short length of string vibrating.
                  Is it a gimmick or is there a real use to doing something like this?

Comment

Anybody else found that 2K for a CS Jackson seemed kinda cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                      Yeah, but this thread was started 3 years ago. Who knows how long it sat there?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well duh......

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          initial price for them was 3000, I think. the last ones on music zoo went low for 2000USD. there is one for sale now for 2500-3000. saving money for it.

Comment

thanks i found out it is a normal 25.5 scale, the extra few frets are cut diagonally -- to accommodate an angled single coil neck pickup -- not sure I need to play anything on the 25, 26, 27th frets.
                            Or if it would even sound very good with such a short length of string vibrating.
                            Is it a gimmick or is there a real use to doing something like this?
                            I have a similar angled fretboard on one guitar. The high E has a 29th fret. I never play above the 24th, but the best thing about it is how frikkin easy it is to reach the 24th. Absolutely no impediment getting to 24 while it can be a stretch or a strain (around the neck heel/plate or because of the cutaway) on other guitars
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X