Any Exodus fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I love Exodus, in fact I think they're a better band now. The newer releases (Tempo to Exhibit B) are excellent!

I know Gary sold some (if not all) of his Rico Vixens through the Exodus forum. As for his new Schecters... I really don't like them, but Gary has knocked out some really good riffs out of them in recent years, so who am I to complain?
    I don't know if they are a better band now then back in the day, Tempo was a decent album but I have tried multiple times to try and get into Shovel as well as the Exhibit albums but its not the same as some good old Bonded By Blood or Chemi-Kill. Can't get behind Rob Dukes is what I think the problem is just not the same Zet I'd say. But that is just me though.
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
      I don't know if they are a better band now then back in the day, Tempo was a decent album but I have tried multiple times to try and get into Shovel as well as the Exhibit albums but its not the same as some good old Bonded By Blood or Chemi-Kill. Can't get behind Rob Dukes is what I think the problem is just not the same Zet I'd say. But that is just me though.
      Zet was THE man for Exodus, no question about that!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Was upstairs at Slims for a Vio-lence show. Or it might have been Arch Enemy... I forget. It was pretty common to see local bands around everywhere.

Kirk Hammet's GF almost hit me and yelled at me on some off-Broadway back alley street one night when I was making fun of him for playing with Japanese Ray-Gun toys he was trading with some dude. That was some time before Master of Puppets. Hampster was hipster before anyone knew what that meant.
        Do you know if that was the show thats included in the Eternal Nightmare reissued 2 disc set?
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

number 1 fan here of Exodus! first heard them when the Turk St demo and Bonded advance tape was going around in tape trader circles.Bonded by blood IS a Klassik album.Once in a lifetime you can get to experience an album like that.it is in my top 3 of all time. Nobody comes close(except Slayer) in terms of thrash guitar playing like the H team. Gary replaced Jeff in Slayer, go figure, they didn't need to audition anyone. I know quite a lot about the equipment both Gary and Rik used during the years. Got to hang out a couple of times with them during the gigs and Gary is probably the funniest down to earth dude I ever met. Same goes for Tom, who is the most underrated drummer in music-still is.I got pretty much their whole catalogue of vinyl and cd's and some rare shit. my first Exodus gig was when Paul was still in the band , i've never seen any other frontman like him since.

Comment

Working...
          X