Any Exodus fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Exodus fans out there?

Alright now I know this is an odd question, but is there any Exodus fans here that have any idea what happened to Gary Holt's red 1980s red Jackson strat with the stickers on it? The only reason why I ask is because because I mean it was used to record/tour some of their classic albums (Pleasures of the Flesh, Fabulous Disaster, and Impact is Imminent). It seemed to have a pretty solid tone, and I feel like he should still play it because he now plays freakin' Schecter (never played a good one). Anyway just wanted to see if anyone knows what happened to it hopefully he still owns it. Pictured with it below and a link to a live video from 89' http://youtu.be/kNddJzOba3k
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Yeah, I was a fan from nearly the beginning. Knew Paul. RIP. Can't say I know anything about the guitar though. Sorry.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You knew Paul? Man thats awesome he was one of a kind man, dude had metal running through his veins RIP. About the guitar I figured it would be a long shot but worth a shot to ask.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Exodus are awesome, and had some really cool Jacksons back in the day. I think I remember reading that he still has that guitar..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Exodus are awesome, and had some really cool Jacksons back in the day. I think I remember reading that he still has that guitar..
          They were awesome indeed, Bonded-Impact were all pretty awesome records. Not a huge fan of the new revival stuff though, I hope Holt isn't like Mustaine and sells/rids his guitars when he signs on with a new "better" company.
          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I love Exodus as well. I remember that Jackson & I'm pretty sure he used that live when I saw them in the late 80's. I remember the Capt Crunch sticker. Lol. Early Exodus is the best. I do like the re-recording of Bonded By Blood with the new singer as well (Let There Be Blood) The guitars sound great on it. My current band plays And Then There Were None. One of my favorite Exodus tunes. It would be interesting to here if Holt still has that Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
              They were awesome indeed, Bonded-Impact were all pretty awesome records. Not a huge fan of the new revival stuff though, I hope Holt isn't like Mustaine and sells/rids his guitars when he signs on with a new "better" company.
              I just played one of Mustaine's new Dean sig models yesterday at Guitar Center. Trust me they're not "better." They're not even close to a King V in my opinion. I forgot to say, Exodus kicks ass!!!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Ask on the Exodus forum. Gary posts there from time to time, also. http://exodusattack.com/forum/
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hope Holt isn't like Mustaine and sells/rids his guitars when he signs on with a new "better" company.
                  I'd be surprised if he didn't, given they effectively split up for a good long time, plus his drug issues. I can think of at least 3 Exodus Jacksons that are in circulation..
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Big Exodus fan, here. I'm not into much of the new stuff coming out these days but the new Exodus albums have been pretty bad-ass and that is something I hope doesn't get affected by Gary's gig with Slayer now that Jeff has passed-away.

This and Exhibit B are both kick-ass albums:

Thanks, toejam for the heads-up on the Exodus forum, I'll have to check that place out

Comment

I read an interview maybe late 2012/early 2013 where he's discussing his ENGLs, his Peaveys and how his old Marhalls have an insane tone but that his ENGLs just surpass them. Anyway, he was photographed sitting down on the floor with the Jackson so I believe he still has it.

Comment

You knew Paul? Man thats awesome he was one of a kind man, dude had metal running through his veins RIP. About the guitar I figured it would be a long shot but worth a shot to ask.
                        Yeah, he was a character. Last time I saw him was about a week before he died. Gary and Rick were there, but I never really talked to them much. Paul wanted to start managing bands which is why we had been talking, but the girl he was seeing at the time was big trouble... Anyway, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Yeah, he was a character. Last time I saw him was about a week before he died. Gary and Rick were there, but I never really talked to them much. Paul wanted to start managing bands which is why we had been talking, but the girl he was seeing at the time was big trouble... Anyway, yeah.
                          Man thats crazy that you saw him a week or so before he passed. Im sorry to hear that though man.
                          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Man thats crazy that you saw him a week or so before he passed. Im sorry to hear that though man.
                            Was upstairs at Slims for a Vio-lence show. Or it might have been Arch Enemy... I forget. It was pretty common to see local bands around everywhere.

Kirk Hammet's GF almost hit me and yelled at me on some off-Broadway back alley street one night when I was making fun of him for playing with Japanese Ray-Gun toys he was trading with some dude. That was some time before Master of Puppets. Hampster was hipster before anyone knew what that meant.

Comment

I love Exodus, in fact I think they're a better band now. The newer releases (Tempo to Exhibit B) are excellent!

I know Gary sold some (if not all) of his Rico Vixens through the Exodus forum. As for his new Schecters... I really don't like them, but Gary has knocked out some really good riffs out of them in recent years, so who am I to complain?

Comment

Working...
                              X